The Pet Peeves/OCD/Little Annoyances Thread

• Thread starter Djent
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bigreddestroyer

Reaction score
I also hate people starting sentences with "surely", drives me insane.

There's only one way to reply to that. Answer their sentence as you would normally then add "...and my name's not Shirley." on the end.

RIP Leslie Nielson:deathm:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

snowblind56

Reaction score
Ok, got my #1 SS.org Pet Peeve... :wallbash:

When ever someone says " I normally don't like (insert random guitar here), but damn that guitar is sexy!"

Yeah, that phrase needs to be put down...

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Here's a a couple more pet peeves of mine:

When people capitalize the first letter in every single word of a sentence. The same when they alternate uppercase and lowercase letters on purpose.

Both are extremely annoying and infuriating. I stopped talking to a girl all together because she alternated upper- and lowercase in her texts. :wallbash:

Captain Axx

ss.org guy
Reaction score
when when you're waiting in the line and the person behind you starts talking about you, and you can blatently hear it, it's happened to me quite a few times and it annoys the hell out of me.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I'm driving a car and I come to a reasonably abrupt stop, I WILL either touch my nose or the brim of my hat. Every.Time.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
I've got a driving one. This happened to me last week. So I am going out to my bosses house to pick up my paycheck and he lives out in the middle of no where. So I am on the highway and the speed limit is 65 so I get up there and out of no where some guy cuts in front of me in some P.O.S. car that was having a hard time going above 60. So I throw my signal on, get in the next lane and proceed to pass him and get back in my lane. Well, when I get into the next lane the douche speeds up to around 70 (I am assuming because I was doing 65 and I couldn't pass him). So I think to myself, "well, okay. I just get back in my lane." I get back and lo-and-behold, he slows back down to around 60. Once more I attempt to pass him but this time I see the driver look over to the passenger and start talking and they appear to look back and me and laugh. They once again speed up...now I am very pissed off. I get back in my lane behind them and they slow down again but this time something happened to their car and they slowed down drastically (like 50-55) so I get back into the next lane, hit the accelerator and FINALLY get around them...

Seriously, who the fuck is that immature? :wallbash:

shredguitar7

Reaction score
...That doesn't make it an actual word. It is, and always will be, a colloquialism/slang.

"Y'all" is an improper contraction, as a contraction is made up of a pronoun and a helping verb, such as "I will" becoming "I'll". "You" is a pronoun, but "all" is a noun.

If you consider "y'all" a word, though, then you must also consider the more correct, but equally as colloquial, "yous"(sp?) in many north eastern accents.

i fucking hate people who say yous... they all need to find the nearest knife and try swallowing it..

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
I've got a driving one. This happened to me last week. So I am going out to my bosses house to pick up my paycheck and he lives out in the middle of no where. So I am on the highway and the speed limit is 65 so I get up there and out of no where some guy cuts in front of me in some P.O.S. car that was having a hard time going above 60. So I throw my signal on, get in the next lane and proceed to pass him and get back in my lane. Well, when I get into the next lane the douche speeds up to around 70 (I am assuming because I was doing 65 and I couldn't pass him). So I think to myself, "well, okay. I just get back in my lane." I get back and lo-and-behold, he slows back down to around 60. Once more I attempt to pass him but this time I see the driver look over to the passenger and start talking and they appear to look back and me and laugh. They once again speed up...now I am very pissed off. I get back in my lane behind them and they slow down again but this time something happened to their car and they slowed down drastically (like 50-55) so I get back into the next lane, hit the accelerator and FINALLY get around them...

Seriously, who the fuck is that immature? :wallbash:

This happens to me every once in a while, more like once a week, I think it has something to do with the other driver having an abnormally small penis and/or having the "me first" syndrome. Either way, I always have something saved for such a wonderous occassion, its called "day old coffee" or a "hand grenade", To properly "deliver" the item you have to make your way back in front of this driver by cutting them off, roll down your window, give them the finger, reach beside you an grab the day old coffee (should be at least a qaurter cup full to be effective) an launch that fucker on his windshield :hbang:

Daiephir

likes peanut butter
Reaction score
This happens to me every once in a while, more like once a week, I think it has something to do with the other driver having an abnormally small penis and/or having the "me first" syndrome. Either way, I always have something saved for such a wonderous occassion, its called "day old coffee" or a "hand grenade", To properly "deliver" the item you have to make your way back in front of this driver by cutting them off, roll down your window, give them the finger, reach beside you an grab the day old coffee (should be at least a qaurter cup full to be effective) an launch that fucker on his windshield :hbang:

Done that with pudding (I know, totally not safe but I was under the influence of angryness :noplease: ) the guy left me alone afterwards.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Die hard fanboys of "legendary" bands like The Beatle and will claim if you don't like their music but someone who claims them as an influence, "without them THEY wouldn't be here!" Yeah no shit, big fucking deal, still doesn't mean I have to like them. I can appreciate what they did for music and such, but I'm not gonna go around fucking busting my nut because someone wrote "Octopus' Garden"

Murmel

Reaction score
Getting a boner when you're trying to take a crap. Everyone who has experienced this knows that it is annoying as all hell.

Also when youtube goes all cranky and slows down on me...

Devotion

Brojangles
Reaction score
Well, just one that pops up in my mind:

on the website of the musicstore nearby, you can browse all of their products, like GC in the USA. You browse past all the ones that are over your budget, skip the lower-end ones, and then you see it. It looks nice, it has great specifications and could just barely be in the stretch of your budget. You look at the price and it says: "Call or mail!" AAAAAARGH

Skyblue

Reaction score
Can't believe I forgot the ultimate one- using the phone. I absolutely can't stand calling people and answering the phone. Whenever the phone rings I get nervous, and I need a few seconds of sitting, breathing, and calming myself before calling people (except for my close friends).
No idea why. Texting is no problem though.

Captain Axx

ss.org guy
Reaction score
justin bieber, my cousin loves her. everytime she comes to my place when my parents have to look after her. she asks to use my computer and wants to play bieber.

i've got more, but i can't think of a one that really gets me.

')