The Pink Guitar Thread

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I had a fuschia sparkle Luke III a couple years ago, what a fantastic guitar.

I've been dreaming of a shell pink shredder for 5ish years now so I really need to get on that

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
IMG_0800.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
For me, it's about being loud. Guitars typically have a few different styles of 'canned' finishes; tobaccoburst for the blueslawyers, black for the brootalz, raw or lightly stained wood for the minimalists, and so on. But the really loud colors don't come up very often in the 'canned' finish area. So, imo, if you're like myself and you easily find yourself enjoying something that's different almost purely because it's different, those are attractive options. I love the neon yellow / pink Solars because they're so loud and mismatched with what's clearly a metal-oriented guitar rocking some laser neon finish that looks straight out of the 80s. Inject that shit right into my veins.

Hot pink for life
DAMN that Kiesel swirl is hot. Sweet guitar, dude.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the fainter Mary Kay types of pink colors. It looks like cartoon doll flesh or something to me, it's just weird. Neons and more neutral pinks can look really good, though.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cool inexpensive pink one

This Charvel too!!!

Last edited:

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Coming up in the 90's I wasn't crazy about pink guitars but I came around. I could have scored some really cool old Ibanez stuff if I had known better.

Someone had a sick custom pink Kiesel (I think) with white pickguard that was absolutely bonkers. That one made me want a pink guitar and I'd like to repaint my one of my guitars with this (apologies for my crusty hand lol):

View attachment 148018
You ALWAYS have to look for the stuff that's unfashionable yet very well made. After all, back in 1984, I scored an original Ibanez Artist guitar (solid ash body, carved top with chamfered edge, abalone inlayed fretboard and binding, gold hardware) for a paltry £220 cos everyone else was after super strats. I flipped it a few years later for £1300 (probably about £2.5k in today's money), which I still regret to this day, cos that guitar was sex-on-a-stick. One of the best electrics I ever played...

1000010924.jpg

(The same model, if not my own guitar)

As they say in Yorkshire, "where there's muck, there's brass".

')