The Pink Guitar Thread

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I had a fuschia sparkle Luke III a couple years ago, what a fantastic guitar.

I've been dreaming of a shell pink shredder for 5ish years now so I really need to get on that

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
IMG_0800.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
For me, it's about being loud. Guitars typically have a few different styles of 'canned' finishes; tobaccoburst for the blueslawyers, black for the brootalz, raw or lightly stained wood for the minimalists, and so on. But the really loud colors don't come up very often in the 'canned' finish area. So, imo, if you're like myself and you easily find yourself enjoying something that's different almost purely because it's different, those are attractive options. I love the neon yellow / pink Solars because they're so loud and mismatched with what's clearly a metal-oriented guitar rocking some laser neon finish that looks straight out of the 80s. Inject that shit right into my veins.

Hot pink for life
DAMN that Kiesel swirl is hot. Sweet guitar, dude.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the fainter Mary Kay types of pink colors. It looks like cartoon doll flesh or something to me, it's just weird. Neons and more neutral pinks can look really good, though.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cool inexpensive pink one

This Charvel too!!!

Last edited:

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Coming up in the 90's I wasn't crazy about pink guitars but I came around. I could have scored some really cool old Ibanez stuff if I had known better.

Someone had a sick custom pink Kiesel (I think) with white pickguard that was absolutely bonkers. That one made me want a pink guitar and I'd like to repaint my one of my guitars with this (apologies for my crusty hand lol):

View attachment 148018
You ALWAYS have to look for the stuff that's unfashionable yet very well made. After all, back in 1984, I scored an original Ibanez Artist guitar (solid ash body, carved top with chamfered edge, abalone inlayed fretboard and binding, gold hardware) for a paltry £220 cos everyone else was after super strats. I flipped it a few years later for £1300 (probably about £2.5k in today's money), which I still regret to this day, cos that guitar was sex-on-a-stick. One of the best electrics I ever played...

1000010924.jpg

(The same model, if not my own guitar)

As they say in Yorkshire, "where there's muck, there's brass".

Reaction score
That first pink ESP is so damn hot. Any details (name of color or shop where found)?
It's hot because it's RED and not pink... 😁

... now seriously, colors change according to light conditions. No light, no colors... and pink by itself doesn't look good in any light condition... in my opinion, that is...

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
What the hell did I just read?

Pink guitars look very metal to me. Maybe there's a punk sort of thing to it, as in society, pink means cute or girly. But at the end of the day, colors are more of a feeling. If you don't like it, you don't like it. I don't get why there needs to be a science tied to this....

Anyways, here's some hot pink ESPs, and a bonus camo that I'd kill for.

hqiqlmhm9g6irg7grc9k.jpg
Was that the Page Hamilton (Helmet) guitar?

My two pinkish guitars; on the left is my Legator Ninja N8FX in Ruby color. It fades from an orangy-pink to a purple hue, reminiscent of an eosin stain. On the right is my BC Rich USA Warlock NT. The original color was Pearlescent Dayglo, it was such a vivid / fluorescent shade of pink in daylight, but bright orange under a UV blacklight. I kept getting so many offers to buy it, just because it was pink, that I painted it black and stickered it. Over the years, my matte black paintjob has worn off the edges to expose the underlying neon pink goodness!
20230303_191932.jpg

neurosis

Reaction score
All appeal in colors has an origin in psychology. Some color schemes have a wider spread across cultures with almost universal associations like blue and pink but you'll also find discrepancies on colors like green. When it comes to marketing in particular you can spot some of the differences in the way brands are featured across different borders.

From my perspective pink is cool, but only in certain high contrast combinations where it can glow and pop OR applied to a rounder contoured instrument when it's a lighter hue. Saturated colors seem more harmonious on angular shapes and desaturated colors for me work better on the rounder shapes. I like that match and don't normally gravitate to opposites like that.

Pink or not pink is not really the debate (besides the point @Emperoff made about taste). I think it's more specifically about saturation and vibrance and the appropriateness of the application for the viewer/owner.

Strictly speaking of guitars to me hot pink and black is exciting and mysterious. Soft or shell pink is soft and classy. I would pick a nice purple over either any day of the week :lol:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That first pink ESP is so damn hot. Any details (name of color or shop where found)?
Was that the Page Hamilton (Helmet) guitar?

I don't believe it's a direct Page Hamilton signature, but a Japanese custom with his color used. It's spec'd as "Magenta Pearl - Hamilton Original Page" though no other mention or markings of him on the listing. It was sold at Guitars Rebellion - serial E3940222.

')