The Pink Guitar Thread

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
throw either of those types if colour on a gibson and watch my distate more often than not. :lol:

Grab a pink Les Paul and smash some Twisted Sister riffs on it. Problem solved.

image.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Wearing pink, as a man, indicates that you're not concerned with being seen with a "girly" color. It shows that you have a confidence that supercedes the connotations the color normally carries. You're giving the finger to stereotypes and convention. It's a bit like a scaled-down version of "glam". Festooning oneself in pink displays a bit of camp, irony, or satire, even if only subconsciously.

Another part of it is simply retro appeal. Cars, appliances, and bathrooms all used to come in pink, as well as guitars. So there's a certain cultural nostalgia and whimsy in the retro-ness of the color.

The appeal of pink seems to be less about the actual physical features of the color, and more about the psychology of it. Though it seems the more intense the color is, like magentas and neon pinks, the more it carries its own appeal independent of the more subtle versions.
this^^

thats exactly why I like pink guitars and the reason why I choose magenta for my 7 string. Im tyred to see black guitars, so wahts the msot furthest finish from the traditional 7 strings black/white?.... pink. its the irony of ahving a pointy metal 7 string guitar in bright pink... Its also a "I dont care" attitude

also the reason why my custom metal X shape guitar I made it in traditional "old school car/fender" colors in seafoam green and chrome hardware/white pickups with a wenge neck. Pastel colors for a more pointy shape. Love it

72455964_10162264931760363_296344265158557696_n.jpg

')