The podcast recommendation thread

• Thread starter Jakke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hand amputation

Reaction score
Thank you for all of the recommendations.

Personally, I love:

The Duncan Trussell Family Hour (mind-blowing introspective hippy shit, always amazing)

Personally, I like:

Joe Rogan Experience (depending on the guest)

And I must take a moment to whore myself out:

Two Average Dicks. A Podcast.

I host this podcast along with my great friend of 15+ years, Jake. We're just about to upload our 54th episode. We've only been doing it a year, but I'm really proud of how far we've come. If you're bored, give it a listen?

/ end of shameless plug /

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Since it's been resurrected...here's an updated list:

Twisting the Wind with Johnny Pemberton
Mysterious Universe
The Joe Rogan Experience
The Church of What's Happening Now
Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast
The Duncan Trussell Family Hour
The Gralien Report
Don Carlin's Hardcore History
Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank
The Metalcast
The No Sleep Podcast
The Drunken Taoist
The Disinfocast
Alison Rosen is your New Best Friend
The Nerdist

..and I'm sure I missed a few. I've basically replaced television with podcasts.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Politics (Progressive/Liberal)

The Majority Report with Sam Seder | Majority Report Radio

Smart program, with a bit of humor. Can get a little wonky (which I enjoy) with information but the quality of guests is usually really good. Typically has a very different take on things than mainstream Dems (a la MSNBC, etc.)

Originally famous for being Janeane Garofalo's show, her former co-host Sam Seder hosts the show all by himself now. He's got a pretty deep background in comedy, voice acting and writing for TV shows, so there's some really funny bits mixed in. He also has a few non-political segments a week, where he'll often have comedic guests (Sarah Silverman, H. Jon Benjamin, etc.)

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
My top 10 are:

The Joe Rogan Experience
The Crabfeast
Your Mom's House
Bertcast
Ten Minute Podcast
The Church of What's Happening Now
Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank
The Full Charge Power Hour
Talking Shit with Eddie Ifft
The Recording Lounge

I'll listen to some of the more "educational" ones, but not regularly. I tend to like dick/fart jokes... lol

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Started listening to the Rooster Teeth podcast a couple months ago. It was a a great choice. :yesway:

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry to mega-necro-bump this thread, but I was actually hoping that perhaps somebody may be able to recommend some music podcasts?

Specifically about the music industry, music theory or gear. I'm not really interested in podcasts that recommend or play music, or podcasts that talk about who from x band is dating who and what their 2nd cousin twice removed is up to, if it's band or artist related I'd really enjoy it to focus around what gear they're using etc.

piggins411

Reaction score
I've only listen to a couple of them, but the Comedy Bang Bang podcast is pretty great, plus, it was made into a pretty damn funny TV show as well

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
What are some good guitar podcasts? I listen to the riffhard podcast which is great and would love to find more that focus on longer form interviews focused on guitar.