The project continues... ET Guitars RG7 body

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
DUDE! That body looks amazing :yesway:

I almost forgot about this thread :lol:

Cant wait to see this all put together

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
My Cold Sweat 7 came home today wearing some flash new gear.

2.jpg

1.jpg

I sent it away on Tuesday, and it's here today. That's service. :yesway:

Here's a "family" pic. :lol:

3.jpg

Oh, it was "New Dog Day" a while ago. I didn't post a thread, but here's a picture of Rocky since I had to upload pics from my camera anyway. :wub:

IMG_3486.jpg

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I've just finished ordering some bits and bobs from stringsdirect. I've come up with a custom set of strings for this guitar's tuning (standard down three steps). Unfortunately, Elixir don't produce one or two gauges I was seeking, so I opted for D'Addario. I'm also going to fit a CTS 1 Meg volume potentiometer. I've heard that it helps to clear-up the tone. Does anyone have any experience with this?

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
woah! awesome dog!!!
what breed is it?!

:) :shred:

He's a Bijon Frise; an ironically named one, at that. :lol:

I think that dog will help achieve utter br00tality in your tone.

Burnt chrome + purple = :metal

Fuzzy dog :wub:

Thanks guys. :yesway: :D

Does anyone have any experience with 1 Meg potentiometers? I know that the Q-Tuner website recommends that one fits them with their pickups. Part of me always thought that that may have had something to do with their crystal-clear tone.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I realised a while ago that I'm short of a truss rod cover for my conversion neck. Using massive quantities of imagination, I "came up" with the following design. :lol:

IbanezHeadstock.png

I've sent this pic to Ernie to see if he will be able to fashion me one out of the same plastic used in making the cavity covers.

He has informed me that all of the intricate little drill jobs and grain enhancement are done on my body, and that he is now preparing it for being sprayed. :woot:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I fixed the links, and Ernie confirmed that he will be able to make the truss rod cover.
biggrin.gif

The only other thing I need for this project (aside from the body, obviously) is the screws for the pickups. What do you guys normally use to mount humbuckers directly?
scratchhead.gif

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Okay, Ernie has got some samples from which I can choose. He has used a transparent purple kandy paint, but in varying thicknesses.

Sample2.jpg

Ernie's preference is the middle shade (to allow more of the wood's grain to show through), but I'm leaning towards the richer purple at the bottom.

:scratch:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said on MGorg, that bottom one looks far more impressive, not to mention more like what you (from what I can tell) originally envisioned :yesway:

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
If the darker one is what you envisioned, go for that. Personally I agree with Ernie mainly because the reason I dislike most quilted maple tops is because they dont really show the woodgrain enough and this one does.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
The top part of the bottom piece of wood looks the best to me. It's deep but not so deep that it starts to look "smudged"

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I really love the sort-of watercolour shade at the top. But I dont think it will go with the blackburst aswell as the bottom.

beneharris

Reaction score
that thing is looking really good so far!

this thread is an encouraging read as i am about to tell him to start work on a neck for me :hbang:

joelozzy

RG7 Whore
Reaction score
Ernie must be working hard.

I havn't been able to phone contact him in weeks!

Haha. That colour looks amazing. Might have to go see him in the shop.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
After much (
laugh.gif
) deliberation, I decided to opt for the darkest shade of purple. Ernie has informed me that the body will receive more grain enhancement than any of his samples, so the quilt should still be very visible.
woot.gif

He also told me that the kandy paint gives off a vibrance that isn't captured by his pics.
smile.gif

Latest posts

')