The Random Knowledge Thread

• Thread starter Wingchunwarrior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The largest living organism is actually a kind of fungi that creates one massive underground nextwork which can stretch for miles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
勝負下着なの一一。 パイパンしちゃったの。

Shoubu shitagi nanouo. Paipan shichatta no.

"These are my 'strictly business' panties. I shaved down there."

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Statistically speaking, you're about 30 times more likely to get hit by lightning than to get attacked by a shark.

You're also more likely to win an Academy Award or to get killed by a falling coconut than to get attacked by a shark.

That said, I don't recommend swimming around sharks :lol:

soliloquy

Reaction score
There are actually people that think the earth is flat. Seriously; google "Flat Earth Society."

i posted a thread about this not too long about about 1/3 of russia believing the earth is flat. however, i, including a lot of other people had to question the survey's legitimacy and what specific question did they ask.

random facts about animals:
Dolphins aren't as cute as you would think. they are known to rape humans. so stay away from flipper!

also related to dolphins, dolphins that are found in brazil's lakes/rivers are pink in color as they consume a HUGE number of salmon that makes their skin pink

and monkeys are evil! they will rape just about anything. there is a video of a from forcing a frog to preform oral sex on it. but monkeys are also known to engage in all sorts of sex acts from oral, to anal, vaginal, mutual masturbation, male-male, female-female etc...and they are also the only animal aside from humans to engage in prostitution...but monkeys sell themselves for food.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
also related to dolphins, dolphins that are found in brazil's lakes/rivers are pink in color as they consume a HUGE number of salmon that makes their skin pink

Salmon aren't as common in the places freshwater dolphins tend to inhabit. Salmon prefer colder water. The reason those dolphins are pink isn't entirely known, it could be down to the different chemical makeup of the water or the fact their blood vessels are closer to the surface.

Murmel

Reaction score
Schecter's don't actually have baseball bat necks. They just happen to be slightly thicker than Ibanez necks.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
High end Schecters don't, but the low end ones are pretty chunky, far more so than Ibanez. They're wider though I think which makes them feel even bigger.

Murmel

Reaction score
High end Schecters don't, but the low end ones are pretty chunky, far more so than Ibanez. They're wider though I think which makes them feel even bigger.
Being the owner of a Schecter Omen 6 I can't say that it's thick at all. In fact, the Hellraiser I played today at my local shop felt thicker than my Omen.
And I only said slightly to be an ass really, I know they're thicker, quite a lot, but they're not nearly as thick as people make them out to be ;)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
My mate owns an Omen 7 and an ATX C-8, while I own an Ibanez RG7321 and Prestige RG2027x so I'm jjust comparing those. :) 6 strings are a whole different matter.

Murmel

Reaction score
I did actually play an ATX C-7 today, the neck wasn't thick at all. Granted, thicker than Ibanez, but not overly thick in any way.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Like I said earlier man, the high end schecters have thinner necks. :) Its only the omen series and whatnot I find quite thick. But we're going OT, time for facts.

2/3 of all life that has ever lived has been killed off by asteroids.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
More people have been killed as a result of a mosquito bite than everyone ever killed in every war that has ever happened.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Bump!

Killer whales are actually the largest member of the dolphin family. When they attack whales they try to tear their tongues out.

A hippopotamus will eat meat if necessary and have be known to kill lions or crocodiles for carcasses.

')