The RG7620 Thread

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
1620905_605427366216886_1219377728_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
Damn guys! Thanks for sharing the sexy 7620's! I had a feeling there would be people on ss.org that appreciated these RG7's like I do.

Quick question for you guys that have modded the guitar out-

Will most passive pickups map to the 5-way toggle?

I'm really interested in trying a CrunchLab/Liquifier set- but I don't want to lose my 5way tonal capabilities, I really love those slappy twangy dirty tones I get out of the "2" and "4" positions digging into the single coils.

Is there a way to slap new pickups in there but retain the 5-way toggle for the HH configuration?

PS let's keep the pics of peoples 7620's coming!

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
re joined the 7620 group..................again for the 5th time
1998 Deep Royal blue (very dark compared to my previous 7620RB's) pulled the crunchlab and dropped in a blaze. Had Vic at the Axe palace do full set up for me and "satinize" the back of the neck. this is a pic form the for sale add, I'll post up some new ones when I get a chance. besides a couple of very minor chips this thing is in great condition. :hbang:
100_1843_zps5499d976.jpg

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
^^^:shred:
That Royal Blue doe... how's that beast sound thru Axe FX?

now that is has the blaze in there it sounds quite good.
I've tried to get along with the crunchlab twice now in 2 different guitars.
Just not for me...................

decoy205

Reaction score
now that is has the blaze in there it sounds quite good.
I've tried to get along with the crunchlab twice now in 2 different guitars.
Just not for me...................

Curious what you didnt like about the CL. I just got one put in my 7421 and I'm not sure I'm sold on it just yet. How does the blaze compare?

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Curious what you didnt like about the CL. I just got one put in my 7421 and I'm not sure I'm sold on it just yet. How does the blaze compare?
Blaze sounds much fuller and smoother to my ears. I had the CL in my Rico when I first got it as well. Didn't like it in there either. Through a mesa mark series amp it sounds pretty good , but I think it really only nails one kind of sound well and that is the Petrucci sound. I find it to be a very "harsh ' sounding pickup.
I think the Blaze sounds much better with a lot of the other amp models in the Axe Fx II I have and the Blaze sounds better through my JSX too. This is the first time I've tried a Blaze , I usually just opt for a BK MiracleMan for the bridge (kills in a 7620) but I didn't feel like shelling out big cash for a pick up for this guitar so I figured I'd try a Blaze, and so far I really like it. :hbang:

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
My friends buddy left his 7620 VK over at his house with probably no plans of ever playing the thing again. He also lives in Chicago. I've taken it out of the case and played it a bunch. It needs a lot of cleaning up and TLC, but i've been itching to take it apart completely and clean it up. I would love to refinish it, install some decent pickups, and do a nice setup on it.

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
My friends buddy left his 7620 VK over at his house with probably no plans of ever playing the thing again. He also lives in Chicago. I've taken it out of the case and played it a bunch. It needs a lot of cleaning up and TLC, but i've been itching to take it apart completely and clean it up. I would love to refinish it, install some decent pickups, and do a nice setup on it.

Totally should do it dude. I'm about to have some of the techs at my work strip the finish on the body and on the neck, and do some fun pickup, knob pots, input jack, pickup selector-ish work to it, to really customize it and make it my own. I was debating selling this girl as I primarily play 8 strings now, however it's just too much a piece of my guitar history to ever let her go.. So I'm gonna customize the hell out of it! :shred:

s4tch

Reaction score
Will most passive pickups map to the 5-way toggle?

I'm really interested in trying a CrunchLab/Liquifier set- but I don't want to lose my 5way tonal capabilities, I really love those slappy twangy dirty tones I get out of the "2" and "4" positions digging into the single coils.

Is there a way to slap new pickups in there but retain the 5-way toggle for the HH configuration?

All 4-lead pickups will do the trick. Branded pickups like DiMarzios or Duncans mostly have 4 wires.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
My '98 7620RB that I bought from a member here. Since then, I've gotten rid of the tone knob (I put a white strat knob on the volume pot) and I've put an Air Norton 7 and D-activator 7 in the neck and bridge. This is my go to guitar and it turned me into a major Ibanez fan. I would love to get some more of these :lol:
6D68EB49-CAAB-4B83-ACEA-BA592291DD0D-3481-0000021E3F739520.jpg

(Fun fact: This is one of the pictures that cycles on the SSO home page, and I'm very proud of that)

Reaction score
I had a '99 BK that I owned for a long time and I wish I still had it... I put an Air Norton in the neck and a Blaze in the bridge and it was awesome. My "main" 7-string was a 1527 with the CL/LF combo, but honestly I think I played the 7620 more. After dabbling in other 7's for a while, I have a '98 7620VK arriving Monday! :D

D1m3b4g

Reaction score
I have this guitar in an RB, it was my first seven that I picked up from a local seller in Southampton UK for a very cheap £250. Even had (and still has) the plastic on the back of the plates.

A little blurred but this is it:

1001207_10152999475505024_1893160922_n.jpg

I was fairly sure the pickups in this one are the Blaze 7s but I can't be certain?

I have a 2077xl incoming soon enough so I can do a comparison between the two, but I've always been quite appreciative of the fact this feels just like an oversized RG with a fast neck. Very playable.

infernalservice

Reaction score
What was done for the burnt stain blue finish? I'd like to do something similar to an RG7321 I have.

There is a DIY on project guitar. Strip the body to bare wood, sand smooth, burn with a heat gun as you like, stain with a minwax custom color (I think it was called bayou green, check project guitar). A lot of people stop there as the real bsb's had no clear, but I finished mine off in a satin poly so it didn't rub away on my skin and clothes. :)

Latest posts

')