The rg7620. What is it and what is it's backstory.

• Thread starter G.B.N.B
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean, Vince... the gear addiction's an evil, manipulative, and EXPENSIVE mistress. My dad always tells me that he hopes I don't go through women the way I go through guitars, and frankly, the prospect worries me, lol.

Let me know what you decide - Evo's are reputably a bit bright for basswood, but I've heard sound clips I've quite liked. Alternately, you could go in the other direction - I'm not 100% sold on the Tone Zone, but it's a very organic sounding pickup, for lack of a better word, and would work well in a lower gain environment... if you ever played with less gain, lol.

-D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest, I might go EMG with it. I'm just worried about f'n up a great guitar, though. You have to route quite a bit of wood just to get the EMG 707 to fit. I have a buddy that routed his RG7620 and it honestly sounds pretty badassed, but I don't know if that's quite the sound I want.

I wouldn't go for the JB necessarily in it because the JB is just like the Evolution, very bright. When I had the JB in my basswood ESP guitar, it did not sound very good at all... there was no body to it. The JB belongs in a mahogany body.

G.B.N.B

Reaction score
I just noticed how much larger the inlays of the 7620 are than the 7321 and current 1527.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
they need to do an S w/ 24 frets is what they need to do. lol.
If they had a new S with 7 strings, a ZR & 24 frets, i shit you not, i would put one on order from work right NOW. As in this very instant.

Bring back the 5407's :scream:
I remember seeing online, a red pearl one. Did they make that color besides black?
Sabers do need 24 frets. Gotta have 'em. :)

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm going with a Blaze neck and a Blaze Custom bridge on the new 7620. And, I had the nastly little silver dots pulled on my first 7620 neck, and little dots of purpleheart put in. I liked the size, but couldn't handle the silver.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
jim777 said:
I'm going with a Blaze neck and a Blaze Custom bridge on the new 7620. And, I had the nastly little silver dots pulled on my first 7620 neck, and little dots of purpleheart put in. I liked the size, but couldn't handle the silver.

Pics? :D

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Evidently the purpleheart shredded in his lathe when he tried to cut the dots. There's a pic of the resulting dust here: http://homepage.mac.com/bigvelvetdog/gallery/artists/jimw.html
Chris is going to try to use a wood plug cutter to get them done, but I emailed him this morning to just make the dots out of alder if it's a no go on the purplheart.

I don't even have this guitar back yet and I'm already mentally moved on to the Explorer7 :lol:

Latest posts

')