The Ridiculous Opinion Thread

• Thread starter bradthelegend
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
We all know that there are countless debates in the guitar world (neck-thru vs. bolt-on, etc.) but every once in a while some idiot spits out a real gem.

I recently saw a kid say that he wanted a guitar with a maple fretboard, "because all the best guitarists use maple fretboards."

Then there's an article I was reading on how to improve your technique claiming "good guitarists continually change their settings on their toggle switch, volume, and tone controls throughout their solos." :squint:

What interesting and/or confusing claims have you guys heard lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSilence

Reaction score
The Claims that manufacturers make when they are trying to recapture some of the 50's-60's sounds as though they can never recreate that original sound ever again, amps guitars...seems to be done with every bit of equipment. Seems to have spawned tributes, reissues, all sorts of magic shit.

EDIT: sorry thats not even really an opinion except mine lol

tm20

Reaction score
(insert band name here) fucking sucks because they aren't true metal -_- read it too many times on the internet

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
"I don't like X Band because they write songs longer than 4 or 5 minutes."

FUCK. OFF. CUNT.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
People think that because a guitar was built by a small luthier it is automatically better than anything else out there.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
"I hate X band/artist because they have no soul."
Norbt.gif

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Musician's should only play for the love of it and earn nothing monetarily from it. They should be cast as starving artists forever.

:rolleyes:

7stringDemon

Reaction score
"It's impossible to tune a guitar with a longer scale to standard".

These are the most annoying threads ever. You can tune any Guitar with any scale length and any number of frets and any number of strings to anything you want. JUST GET THE RIGHT FUCKING STRINGS!

I haven't been here very long and I already can't count how many "Can I tune my RGD2127Z to B standard?" threads I've seen.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
A guy I know holds the opinion that Mark Knopfler is, and I quote, "a terrible songwriter".

He also believes that Queen are "a poor man's Led Zeppelin".

I would get angry and take issue with him, but frankly all I can do is :rofl:

Reaction score
He also believes that Queen are "a poor man's Led Zeppelin".

Umm.... what? :nuts:

My roommates were literally just talking about how "no bands write (metal) guitar riffs anymore," and that "the only good music is old stuff (read: from 5-10 years ago)."

I love them dearly, but they really need to broaden their musical palettes....

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
went to a guitar shop several years ago to find some parts for a jackson.

old guy behind the counter (looking down his nose) told me "we didnt carry that brand, only stocked fender, gibson & guild stuff cause its the best!"

Reaction score
I was at my local music shop a few weeks back and a kid who takes lessons there was playing some rock/blues licks. Mainly blues pentatonic stuff with unison bends. His playing was good but nothing particularly amazing or head turning. His teacher was nearby chatting with him and what not and I'm just dabbling on a Premium. Tapping, arppeggios, random riffs, jazz chord progressions, etc. Just playing. The teacher looks over at me and quietly but still audibly says "Yeah, stay away from that stuff. You wanna be unique." Then, something along the lines of "Blues and rock are the true styles of guitar playing."

The "pfft" side of me had lots of rebuttles and the empathic side understood to each his own but what disturbed me was that a music teacher was inhibiting the learning of a young, growing musician.

cronux

Reaction score
"why do you use 7 string guitars, you should have played bass..."

"8 string guitars? that's for people that never played a gibson"

and so on...

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
People who think Gibson and Fender are the only guitar manufacturer.
People who don't see the point in playing extended range guitars/People who say "You don't need more than six strings" Seriously? Fuck off.
People who say Pantera is the ultimate metal band. (Sorry if this offends anyone)
People who put pickups in their guitars that are worth more than the guitar (Not an opinion, just a pet peeve)

Latest posts

')