The Ridiculous Opinion Thread

• Thread starter bradthelegend
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ayaotd

Reaction score
My own opinion. Guthrie Govan is an extremely talented player, and an excellent teacher/writer. But I find some of the tracks on Erotic Cakes to sound like the best elevator music ever made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
My own opinion. Guthrie Govan is an extremely talented player, and an excellent teacher/writer. But I find some of the tracks on Erotic Cakes to sound like the best elevator music ever made.

So is a lot of Bossa Nova, but is it still bloody fantastic in its in own right? Hell yes! :lol: And honestly, if I heard Rhode Island Shred in an elevator I would seriously lose my shit and do an old-skool rodeo with whoever was accompanying me

Addison90

Reaction score
But I find some of the tracks on Erotic Cakes to sound like the best elevator music ever made.

You obviously never listen to smooth-jazz... a lot of Guthrie's songs from Erotic Cakes are too 'aggressive' and too 'rock-ish' to be called 'elevator music' (i.e Waves, Sevens, Ner Ner, Fives, Rhode Island Shred, Erotic Cakes, Hangover, Eric)

If you want elevator music, listen to players like Lee Ritenour, Chuck Loeb, Fourplay or Larry Carlton (i like these guys a lot though)

This is a good example:

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
Guys, don't forget:

The point of this thread is to share the ridiculous opinions of others and laugh at them, not to share your own opinions and attack other users for theirs. :lol:

syndrone

You Must Listen To SYNDRONE
Reaction score
"Obviously not Beethoven but have you actually sat down and listened to his [Misha Mansoor`s] songs? He's easily one of the best composers in the metal genre. All New Materials, LAAC, Buttersnips, Ji, Racecar, TGMBC, Froggin Bullfish, and Mile Zero.

These songs don't do anything for ya? I'm guessing it's probably because so many people hopped up on the Misha bandwagon, but just because he's popular doesn't mean it's not some of the best modern metal ever.

Theory is important, but it isn't everything."

not sure who said this and where this comes from :p was a conversation in a thread somewhere..... jahaha ;D

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
People who use the term 'screamo' to refer to anything with harsh vocals, as opposed to bands like Orchid or Pageninetynine.

:squint:

Reaction score
I've asked my uncle several times if I may play some guitar for him and he always replies "Nah, I'm good. All that stuff sounds the same to me."

He's so stubborn and set in his ways, he refuses to allow me to bring my guitar to his house and briefly play some shit for his entertainment.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
I've asked my uncle several times if I may play some guitar for him and he always replies "Nah, I'm good. All that stuff sounds the same to me."

He's so stubborn and set in his ways, he refuses to allow me to bring my guitar to his house and briefly play some shit for his entertainment.

haha,I know what that's like...That's a little fascist though, no guitar at all! gotta love family views on music... i mean, you can do a Petrucci solo medley and they won't bat an eyelid BUT, they're blown away by your ability to play Sunshine of Your Love or Smoke on the Water all the way through. Don't get me wrong, they are two absolutely timeless classics, but it always makes me laugh. It's the same with girls; unfazed by teh br00tal sweeps, but will swoon as soon as you play along to some Paramore song they're playing in the background. :realmad:
Not a complaint, just a little funneh.

Reaction score
"Tosin's good and all, it's just all those loop effects he uses on his albums. I can appreciate it for the studio art, but i just cant go to his live shows."

Reaction score
Okay, so this conversation happened a few months ago during a drunken game of team deathmatch on xbox live with a chick friend of mine that I'm still baffled by to this day.

Her: Oh, my god. Julia posts the most annoying shit on facebook. I hate scrolling past her status updates on my newsfeed.

Me: That's why I just took her off my newsfeed. Any time somebody spams a bunch of stupid posts, I just take them off so that it doesn't annoy or bother me. I pretty much just get on for memes, updates on guitar and artist pages, and to catch up with buds I rarely talk to.

Her: I never understood why people do that. That's stupid. You might as well not even have a facebook and just contact people directly by email.

Me:
24fliit.png

Her: I mean, what if someone has something important or meaningful to say? What if your family and friends want to tell you something serious?

Me: Dude, it's facebook. No one ever has anything important or meaningful to say. And if they're my family and friends, they'll come to my crib, call me, or message me. lol Who the hell would post a status update or public post to tell someone serious shit? haha

Her: I don't know. I feel like you just take facebook way too seriously.

Me:
24fliit.png

She denied ever saying any of that and regularly bitches about the dumb shit people post on facebook, most specifically her friends and family. I took her off my newsfeed the first day I ever got a facebook which was some time last summer.

:rolleyes:

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
Okay, so this conversation happened a few months ago during a drunken game of team deathmatch on xbox live with a chick friend of mine that I'm still baffled by to this day.

Her: Oh, my god. Julia posts the most annoying shit on facebook. I hate scrolling past her status updates on my newsfeed.

Me: That's why I just took her off my newsfeed. Any time somebody spams a bunch of stupid posts, I just take them off so that it doesn't annoy or bother me. I pretty much just get on for memes, updates on guitar and artist pages, and to catch up with buds I rarely talk to.

Her: I never understood why people do that. That's stupid. You might as well not even have a facebook and just contact people directly by email.

Me:
24fliit.png

Her: I mean, what if someone has something important or meaningful to say? What if your family and friends want to tell you something serious?

Me: Dude, it's facebook. No one ever has anything important or meaningful to say. And if they're my family and friends, they'll come to my crib, call me, or message me. lol Who the hell would post a status update or public post to tell someone serious shit? haha

Her: I don't know. I feel like you just take facebook way too seriously.

Me:
24fliit.png

She denied ever saying any of that and regularly bitches about the dumb shit people post on facebook, most specifically her friends and family. I took her off my newsfeed the first day I ever got a facebook which was some time last summer.

:rolleyes:

That bitch is dumb. :squint:

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Ah, hypocrisy.
Always ripe and plentiful in the social networking-obsessed-females. :lol:

I look at some of these girls complain about that which they are doing at that exact moment and I just stand in awe.

Tope

rabblerabblerabblera
Reaction score
"Aggressive music isn't good because it doesn't sound nice."

This comment was made by one of my friends after I was kind enough to introduce them to The Mars Volta, so ungrateful!

Music as an art form represents the whole spectrum of human emotion. If you're only listening to major key, 4 to the floor pop, then I'm sorry but you're missing out on 99% of what music has to offer!

Reaction score
"I don't care what the instruments do, I wanna hear the singing and lyrics and sing along!"

Murmel

Reaction score
Music as an art form represents the whole spectrum of human emotion. If you're only listening to major key, 4 to the floor pop, then I'm sorry but you're missing out on 99% of what music has to offer!
I find this to be a problem among musicians. For 99,9% of people, music isn't about art or how well it's executed. It's about whether it sounds good or not.
If 4-chord pop music is what pleases your ear, then by all means, listen to it. Would it be different (read: better) if he/she listened to a bebop tune with a mere 2 chords?

It's not about what scale your using, or what chords. It's about making it sound good. Which is, as we all know, very subjective.

')