The Ridiculous Opinion Thread

• Thread starter bradthelegend
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
"Why would anybody want a wide neck guitar, {Insert Guitarist Name} had [big|fat|monster|sausage] fingers and could play fine, it has to be your technique."

The true irony here is when {Insert Guitarist Name} is replaced with Segovia or other Classical/Fingerpickers, who play on wide-necked guitars.

Ray

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blake1970

Reaction score
People listen to death metal because they worship Satan. Drives me insane!

Don Vito

Reaction score
"Dean guitars rule!"

-Guitar Center employee trying to sell me a Dean guitar everytime I visit the store.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Blackmachine guitars are the absolute last word in guitars and, even though I've never been within 400 miles of one, I completely recommend that you not buy that house and buy a Blackmachine instead. I heard that one Cmin7add4#2b5superextended12th on those things will literally make all the girls around you pregnant.

:)

Deathspell Omega

Reaction score
People who think Gibson and Fender are the only guitar manufacturer.
People who don't see the point in playing extended range guitars/People who say "You don't need more than six strings" Seriously? Fuck off.
People who say Pantera is the ultimate metal band. (Sorry if this offends anyone)
People who put pickups in their guitars that are worth more than the guitar (Not an opinion, just a pet peeve)

Lol. "Whaaat ?! It`s not a Fender ? Then it must suck."

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Those idiots who think good tone will make up for their terrible technique.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
"Women shouldn't growl like that"

"Why waste your money on an 8 string if you're only going to play the top two strings?"

"Learn to play better before you buy good gear"

"Metallica sound country"

"You can't solo?!"

"Mids suck"

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
"Coheed and Cambria is the true definition of brutal."

Says my friend who denies that growling vocals, and razor-sharp/bludgeoning riffs are not brutal (ex. Cannibal Corpse). Same friend also is not afraid to admit he listens to a lot of radio music.

As much as I love the guy, some of his opinions about music are just...so fucking invalid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
"Women shouldn't growl like that"

"Why waste your money on an 8 string if you're only going to play the top two strings?"

"Learn to play better before you buy good gear"
QUOTE]

Eh, I think those are reasonable complaints. For example bongripper does only really use the bass strings, so they use 6 strings and tune to F. And if your not a very good player I don't care if you have awesome gear, but it's if someone has really amazing gear and takes it for granted because they can't understand how awesome it is. that bothers me.

Jazzamatazz

Reaction score
"You need to use a seven or eight string, Tosin plays eight strings, why don't you?"
"Play me a solo"
"Dropped tunings are for people who don't know how to play"
"You play electric? I like accoustic better they are better"

Piss off to those people.

')