The Roland Cube

gr8Har V

dimini....
Reaction score
i've tried this amp and i love it. i would buy it in a heartbeat if i could find a compatible footswitch. Does anyone know if there are such things a universal footswitches, or one that'll work with this amp? cuz on the GC summary it says there's a footswitch you can buy seperately, but i cant find it anywhere :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewK

Reaction score
I vaguely recall plugging a crappy pedal that came with a very cheap keyboard into my Roland Cube years ago and it changing the channels. I'm sure there is something that will work.

Lucas_061287

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree on the Roland Cube being awesome! By far the best sounding solid state I've ever heard. I planned on getting a Cube 80XL (1x12), but came accross a Bugera head/Carvin cab that I couldn't pass up. I may still snag a Cube in the future, though I'll probably opt for the 40XL (1x10).

gr8Har V

dimini....
Reaction score
BOSS FS-6 Dual Footswitch :: Overview

i imagine you can order that through them seeing as they deal boss and roland products

thanks i think i'll get that one. does it work with the effects too? i don't really "need" it to but it would be nice, cuz i'd like to perform small gigs with a 40XL mic'd up. Do you think the 80XL is really worth the extra $150?

Lucas_061287

Reaction score
^The good thing about the 80XL- it has an 80 second loop, so you could record a rythm part and play along with yourself, which seems like it would lend itself very handy for coming up with harmonies and whatnot. It also has an extra preset or two.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
anything from the 60 to the 80 is good, i find the 10 inch speakers are a tad lacking in the low end so i personally wouldn't gun for the 40

either the 60 or 80 are definitely worth it

EDIT: i just saw the website, looks like my cube 60 isn't made anymore, just the 40 to 80

so yes i think it's definitely worth it to gun for the 80X or 80XL

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

gr8Har V

dimini....
Reaction score
The manual is available online, you'll need a stereo cable to connect the switch too. To control everything on the 80 you need 3 of those dual switches.

so i saw the dual switch has 3 outputs, A, B and A&B, but a is "ring" and b is "tip", so does this mean i couldn't use one dual switch for delay and channel select because they are both "tip"?

do the single footswitches have the tip or ring inputs? if its the tips, whould i need stereo cables or just normal ones?

also, will i need some sort of power conditioner for the 80 watts... something like this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ebtech-Hum-X-Hum-Exterminator-102570686-i1124325.gc ?? cuz the manual said for the 80W i need "a main socket outlet with protective earthing connection" does that mean if i dont have that it'll buzz?

proto

Reaction score
anybody play this amp with an 8 string? does it fart out on the low notes?

Pedrojoca

Gear Whore
Reaction score
so i saw the dual switch has 3 outputs, A, B and A&B, but a is "ring" and b is "tip", so does this mean i couldn't use one dual switch for delay and channel select because they are both "tip"?

do the single footswitches have the tip or ring inputs? if its the tips, whould i need stereo cables or just normal ones?

also, will i need some sort of power conditioner for the 80 watts... something like this: Ebtech Hum X Hum Exterminator and more Guitar Effects at GuitarCenter.com. ?? cuz the manual said for the 80W i need "a main socket outlet with protective earthing connection" does that mean if i dont have that it'll buzz?

The footswitch has one output for each of the pedals (A, B) and an output for both at the same time(A & B- ring and tip).
If you want to use'em both, i'd recommend stereo, if you only want one, i am pretty sure you'll use the tip like normal Footswitches, or just get the FS-5U (it only has one pedal)

Latest posts

')