The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AliceAxe

Reaction score
Fates Warning 'Paralells' has got to be one of the saddest albums I've ever heard , from beginning to end. One of the greatest too.

the final track probably one of the saddest

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Warchest1

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, is definately the acoustic version of Stillborn by BLS. If you can find an mp3 download it asap, almost makes me wanna tear up when I listen to it. Love it though

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score

Only song I've listened to that ever legitimately made me wanna kill myself. I was sad about something unrelated and it still did it :lol:

TheSleeper

HACKA LÖKEN!
Reaction score
This thread needs more Pain of Salvation!

Sisters

Of Dust

Dedication

And a recent discovery: Demians - Black Over Gold

I could list dosens of other songs by PoS, as well as Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Faith No More (Jizzlobber always gets me), Devin Townsend (oh, that voice!) and more, but it's been done, and frankly, I'm too tired to come up with something original.

Reaction score
Brad Paisley - Whiskey lullaby :( :( :(

I almost posted this, but I went ahead and checked to see if someone did. I figured, surely, this is quite possibly the saddest song I've ever heard. Back when it first came out, I heard it, cried, and blocked it out from my memory, avoiding it like the plague. I went to see Brad on Saturday, and that sadistic bastard played that song. I wept then, just like I do anytime I hear it. :( The video for Waitin on a Woman kinda does it to me cause ol' Andy Griffith looks just like my grandfather.

EDIT: I hadn't seen the video for Whiskey Lullaby before, and I knew that was going to be a huge mistake. That ushered in the greatest amount of sadness I've felt in a very, very long time.

and I'll add.

Mexi

Reaction score
saddest songs are probably samuel barber's adagio for strings and luciano pavarotti's rendition of nessun dorma

ziggurat

Reaction score

Not exactly sad, but I find it to be emotionally invigorating in an ineffable way.

intro and at around past 3:00

guitareben

Reaction score

Not sure why it has doctor who on it XD

Or the remix

I love both. There is something just really emotional and sad about this song :). Don't know what it is, it just is. :)

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
- pitch shifted it for the lulz, but the transition from the melodic leads into the freeform atonal playing and how they don't resolve it gives me an empty feeling every time I hear it. ;_;

- lol

')