The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

indrangelion

You guys are funny
Reaction score

It's a score from the film "End of Evangelion". It can be heard during a scene where one of the main characters are being mutilated.

beefshoes

Rack Em Willie
Reaction score
Misery Signals "The Year Summer Ended In June"
The lyrics are about their first singer getting in a car wreck with two of his best friends (Band mates) in his band before Misery Signals and how he wishes he could do anything to have his bros back. This song is one of the most intense Metal songs I have ever heard and one of the most heartbreaking.
Edit* The guys in the video footage shown on the TV are the guys that died.

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
Smashing Pumpkins - Soma - this is the saddest and most powerful song by the Pumpkins it is truly amazing.
Mozart - Moonlight Sonata - 2nd movement.
Dream Theater - Disappear
Deftones - Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event.
City & Colour - I'm In Delware and Casey's Song
Sarah McLachlin - Do What You Have To Do (This actually may be in fact the saddest song of all time)
Cranberries - Where You're Gone - amazing.
Incubus - The Warmth moved me to tears in 2008. Even though I've heard it a thousand times since 2000, its just so powerful it made me cry in the fall of 2008. I'll never forget that. When the high vocal harmonies come belting out during the final chorus it is breathtaking.
Stars - Sleep Tonight (a lil bit indy, but damn)
Sting - Fields of Gold
Yanni - Until the Last Moment - The single most moving piece of instrumental music I have ever experienced.

ColoSSuS

Reaction score
Smashing Pumpkins - Soma - this is the saddest and most powerful song by the Pumpkins it is truly amazing.
Mozart - Moonlight Sonata - 2nd movement.
Dream Theater - Disappear
Deftones - Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event.
City & Colour - I'm In Delware and Casey's Song
Sarah McLachlin - Do What You Have To Do (This actually may be in fact the saddest song of all time)
Cranberries - Where You're Gone - amazing.
Incubus - The Warmth moved me to tears in 2008. Even though I've heard it a thousand times since 2000, its just so powerful it made me cry in the fall of 2008. I'll never forget that. When the high vocal harmonies come belting out during the final chorus it is breathtaking.
Stars - Sleep Tonight (a lil bit indy, but damn)
Sting - Fields of Gold
Yanni - Until the Last Moment - The single most moving piece of instrumental music I have ever experienced.

I think you mean Beethoven?

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
The intro to The Drapery Falls. That melody is one of the most melancholy things ever.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
*DISCLAIMER* I accept no responsibility for anyone killing themself after listening to this piece of music.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Bumblefoot - Dash (Acoustic Version)

This song destroyed me when I first heard it, the girl I had been with for the last 3 years broke up with me and this song was like pouring salt on the wound countless times over and yet somehow it also gave me hope...

It gets really intense at the end...

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score

This was my wake-up ring tone the day my dog was put to sleep because of cancer...
Took me over a year until I was ready to hear that song again.
Still makes me sad but not in a painful way anymore.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
Not so much any more, but at the time The Sacrifice - Symphony X
A little advice: When you decide (during the party at the end of your final year of school) to finally pluck up the courage to tell your friend that you were secretly infatuated with her, only to be interrupted by her running off to the next room to fuck some random she just picked up, when you start listening to your ipod to cover up the sound of them from the next room, if shuffle puts up a love song, skip it.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Not so much any more, but at the time The Sacrifice - Symphony X
A little advice: When you decide (during the party at the end of your final year of school) to finally pluck up the courage to tell your friend that you were secretly infatuated with her, only to be interrupted by her running off to the next room to fuck some random she just picked up, when you start listening to your ipod to cover up the sound of them from the next room, if shuffle puts up a love song, skip it.

disgusted+face.jpg

Gets my vote.

groph

Reaction score
*DISCLAIMER* I accept no responsibility for anyone killing themself after listening to this piece of music.

Wow, I didn't really find that sad at all, it was just beautiful. The piano sort of put the whole thing in a "sad" direction but before that came in, I was just picturing this desert landscape being surveyed by the steely gray eyes of some Persian general or something before some massive battle.

')