The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groph

Reaction score
Not so much any more, but at the time The Sacrifice - Symphony X
A little advice: When you decide (during the party at the end of your final year of school) to finally pluck up the courage to tell your friend that you were secretly infatuated with her, only to be interrupted by her running off to the next room to fuck some random she just picked up, when you start listening to your ipod to cover up the sound of them from the next room, if shuffle puts up a love song, skip it.

Wasn't in that exact situation, but something similar is why I can't listen to this. I HAD to hit pause after the first piano note came up after opening this in Youtube.

Your situation sounds much, much much much worse. Fuckin friend zone eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWXCHA8H9tY This is my high school angst song. It's still awesome though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
CRUSHINGLY sad. Steven Wilson is a genius.

Also good for a nice melancholic romp is his work with Blackfield:

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score

It's about the 19 year old guitarist from the singers previous band who died along with another members of the band. They were hit by a drunk driver on tour. The irony being that he was a devout straight edge. Trash on that if you want, I know people hate the straightedge thing, but he died so early in his music career and his life. He was forced to leave his family, fans, and all of his musical aspirations, and for what?

ry_z

Ikebana Noise Club
Reaction score

The ending of 泣ヶ原 gets me every time. :(

And I can't post it here because it's 74 minutes long, but the Mono & World's End Girlfriend collaboration Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain is just crushingly sad.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
The closing riff in Pantera's Floods strikes a chord with me. It's peculiar because it doesn't sound inherently sad in itself (no b3ds or anything) but the way it's played... just absolutely beautiful.

Reaction score
rite of strings reverb and your guts are like mine by set fire to flames and symmetrical arizona allways strike a meloncoly chord with me, you never know by immortal technique, regina specektor's cover of chelsea hotel, miss misery and twilight by elliot smith, sleep is a curse by maundilin of the well, and no children by the mountain goats to name just a few

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
The closing riff in Pantera's Floods strikes a chord with me. It's peculiar because it doesn't sound inherently sad in itself (no b3ds or anything) but the way it's played... just absolutely beautiful.

i feel the exact same way about that part of the song! that part struck a sad note in me long before dimebag was killed but now its even worse since he's gone and also since they showed clip(s) of him playing that on the "thats the fun i have" DVD. good thing on the album the very next song is super badass so it pulls you out of the sad stupor "floods" leave you in.

---------

here's my most recent one. different songs cause varying degrees of sorrow in me at various times in my life. for whatever reason, this song had me absolutely balling one night last week. only a few songs have done that to me EVER, and the few that have didnt do it nearly this bad. i thought i was losing my fucking mind while it was happening but i woke up just fine the next day. anyways, here it is.

Reaction score

What do you guys think of this? Might be a bit out there, but it certainly makes me feel funny things.

Duelbart

Reaction score

Instrumentally it isn't really depressing but those lyrics carry such a heavy sad emotional load it always gets me

edit:

this too

and this

this too, even though it's less about sadness it gets me into this mood every time

FretWizard88

Reaction score

This song for some reasons brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to it. It is beautiful.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score

My wife's cousin asked me to accompany her on this at her father's funeral. First time I've played in public in 10 years and I had to learn the song in 4 hours. I couldn't even play through the song with the actual artist because it was just too damn sad. I had to more or less sight-read from a chords list I found on the internet and try and come up with stuff to keep her going when she choked up while singing it. Saddest.song.ever.

Seanpat76

Oldschool Metalhead
Reaction score
A few songs out there can put a lump in my throat.

Life of Agony - This Time
Pantera -Hollow
Biohazard-Loss
Megadeth - Et Tout Le Monde
Harry Chapin - Cats in the Cradle
Eric Clapton- Tears in Heaven

wow I could keep going....

')