The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harmonicdoom

I'm NOT in TS.
Reaction score
"Swimming Upstream" by Ra. I first heard it when my ex and I broke up, and it perfectly described everything I felt at the time.

Nats

Reaction score
converge - farewell note to this city

the music, the lyrics, the way it's sang all sound so sad

Reaction score
For me it's The Last Song by Theory Of A Deadman.

It's a song written in the perspective of someone who committed suicide. The idea is that he misses a lot of the things he never thought he would, good and bad because it's all a part of life. When alive it felt as if the world wasn't for him, now dead it feels like the world was really all their is and all joy to be had was there and he took it all away and it feels like there's no one "watching" over him or any of those things one assumes will happen when you die.

It unnerves me mainly because I'm a person that hates change, especially when I find things I enjoy, because there isn't much. When things change I no longer have those things and even though I'm still alive sometimes I know how the guy in the song feels.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Either John Cale - Hallelujah or The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Just holds a lot of memories and shit listening to those.

Necky379

Reaction score
i agree but i like trent's version of the lyrics better

Necky379

Reaction score
as far as i know thats the only difference but that lyric makes the difference to me. the first time i heard the nin version i was expecting him to say "crown of thorns" and i was taken of guard when he said "shit" instead. i don't know...saying "i wear this crown of thorns" just seems cliche to me. man...overanalyzing the hell out of this one hehe

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score

I dont know what it is, but every tim i hear that song i end up unable to do anything, im that sad. Great song (i love Feeder :)) but eyah...

Theres also a CD with some of the music from "Cirque Du Soleil" that my dad had, every song on that cd got to me...

Makelele

Reaction score

That one's kind of sad.

And this one too:

Piledriver

Reaction score
Opeth-Coil,In my time of need.
Warrel Dane-Brother
Pantera-Hollow
Dark Tranquility-My Negation,Inside the particle storm.

abyss258

Reaction score
There's a lot of stuff by Porcupine Tree that's pretty sad, but my vote will go towards Opeth's "Isolation Years".

Shaman

Reaction score
Steven Wilson is the master of melancholy in a rock context, but in my opinion Albinoni really nailed it with Adagio!

It gives me the shivers EVERY single time I listen to it.

')