The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score

My girlfriend and I of almost 5 year broke up months ago. She said this reminded her of me/us. I can't listen to it without tearing up. I tried to learn it on guitar (got most of it down right away) but it hurts too much to play

-Brian

Did you see the movie ? Cried like a bitch through that movie lol

chinnybob

Reaction score
Shinji Ikari by Fightstar, Al's vocals are perfect and the outro gets me every time!

Captain_Awesome

Cloudwalker
Reaction score
Ain't Afraid to Die by Dir en grey, it's a very beautiful song. I remember listening to it once whilst looking out into my garden and as the final section came in after the chorus it began to gently snow, it's the closest I've come to crying at a song.

Koop

Reaction score

Part of what made the mist so depressing/sad is because of this song at the end. so god damn melancholic.

Duelbart

Reaction score

Not downright sad, but so desperate and melancholic that it gets me every time.

"And if my heart just stops, I want to know if a curtain drops"

Genome

Reaction score

The middle section to this from 4:36. I love the solo though, especially that Gilmour bend at 5:30 :bowdown:

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
Queen:

Eva Cassidy:

I was doing a show with a guy from Romania that was a big Sting fan... as a warm up, I started playing acoustic and singing in this huge stair case that spanned about 4 stories and had some of the most awesome natural reverb... over the course of the week, cast members would join me and we did a ton of cover tunes from Sting/Police, Melissa Etheridge, Don Henley, Marilyn Manson, U2, etc... at the closing night party, I played this Eva Cassidy version... upon hearing the first lines of the first verse, the Romanian guy leaned over and held himself up on a railing and said in a thick Romanian accent, "I think I'm going to cry..."

Last edited:

DiegusMaximus32

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
"A dying god coming into human flesh" by Celtic Frost: It begins in a very morose tone but builds up it's strength which perfectly fits its theme of death(grief) and rebirth(hope) .

Big +1 to this song. So intense.

I'd say For My Father by Andy McKee (posted below). So melancholy and beautiful.

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
Three saddest songs for me....

Stop Swimming - Porcupine Tree - Possibly the saddest song ever written, perfectly done.

Time Flies - Porcupine Tree - Listened to this 100000x during high school with my best friends, makes me miss those days.

Collapse the Light into the Earth - Porcupine Tree

slumber_party

Mattress Associate
Reaction score

Not downright sad, but so desperate and melancholic that it gets me every time.

"And if my heart just stops, I want to know if a curtain drops"

Anything by this band. One of my favourites.

Also got me through an awful breakup at one point.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky is Crying. That is my go-to song when I'm really depressed because it's usually enough to send me over the edge and bawl. Then I feel a lot better.

')