The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Two pages and no mention of Type O Negative? For shame! Most of October Rust and World Coming Down is fairly depressing.

A lot of Finger Eleven's second album (The Greyest of Blue Skies) was pretty sullen, which is funny considering how upbeat their music has gotten since then.

I found Glassjaw's first album to be pretty saddening, but that may have just been me.

Nothingface had some downers, but I can't think of anything specific right now.

Porcupine Tree has songs like A Smart Kid, Heartattack in a Layby, Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, etc.

Smashing Pumpkins had a lot of downers, like In the Arms of Sleep, To Forgive, By Starlight, and Try, Try, Try.

NIN had songs like Hurt, The Day the Whole World Went Away, The Great Below, And All That Could Have Been, and of course a lot more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin - Thank You

I was 9 when a dog of mine passed away and this song reminds me of him. Damn tear jerker's....

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
+1 on Zeps "thank you" and Type O. especcially Type O's "Wolf Moon" does taht sad thing for me! here it is:

also:

CROWBAR - planets collide

ACID BATH - bleed me an ocean

SKYNYRD - simple man

how could i forget:

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Pretty much anything by Portishead.

I do like the feel of some of the early NIN stuff. Cash's version of Hurt is fantastically depressing.

A mention to Metallica's One, as long as accompanied by the original full length video.

The allegedly banned/etc song is this one: Gloomy Sunday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
YouTube - Alice in Chains -Nutshell (Home made music video)

Alice In Chains will always have a large place in my heart.

:agreed:

Also either the quiet version of "Break Her Down" and "Low Low Low" both by Moist, I find hard to listen to just cause of the memories they bring back, and they are pretty slow, depressing songs.

Anything Michael Kamen has his stinking fist in generally makes me pretty depressed. :lol:

Lamb's "gorecki"

And this...

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score

theglue_aka_me

Reaction score
Is it me, or did someone start a "saddest song" thread without mentioning NIN - Something I Can Never Have?

EliNoPants

Reaction score
Is it me, or did someone start a "saddest song" thread without mentioning NIN - Something I Can Never Have?

oooh, yeah, you're right, that IS a depressing song...i haven't listened to NIN in a while, i'm gonna have to go back and do some of that

Panterica

Banned
Reaction score
you must listen
XASTHUR - prison of mirrors. depressive black metal

Burzum - Lost Wisdom

Wandering in Eternal Nightmare - Svartthron

johnny you beautiful bastard!!!!
burzum, xasthur, n svartthron? dude i love you even more now

listen to the intro to the first vid!!! (xasthur)

holy shit! atmospheric, dark, moody, depressing, UGH!!!

Latest posts

')