The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
IMO, he *really* excelled on songs like "High and Dry," "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" and "Fake Plastic Trees." Anything after those songs tends to annoy me, but I can still enjoy those immensely. :metal:

I agree with you on Fade Out especially. Tastes are different I guess. Kid A and Eraser are my two favourite things whereas most radiohead fans didn't like Kid A at all

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Sia - Breathe Me

Regina Spektor - Samson (slower version)

Linkin Park - What I've Done

Oceansize - Savant

Oceansize - Music For A Nurse

Ludovico Einaudi - Monday

Ludovico Einaudi - Exit

Sigur Ros - Njosnavelin

Radiohead - All I Need

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
The Long and Winding Road by the Beatles makes me want to commit suicide when I hear it. I love these guys work but this song is really fucking depressing.

I agree with you on Fade Out especially. Tastes are different I guess. Kid A and Eraser are my two favourite things whereas most radiohead fans didn't like Kid A at all

My fave Radiohead song is actually Idioteque. It´s pure fucking genius! :D

B36arin

Reaction score
Nevermore - Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday used to be one of those songs, but I got over it some time ago

Pseudonymity

Jens likes juice
Reaction score
'Don't Mourn' of the band Pantheist is pretty damn depressing, but then again, it is Funeral Doom.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
The Long and Winding Road by the Beatles makes me want to commit suicide when I hear it. I love these guys work but this song is really fucking depressing.

I actually dig it cause it's one of the few McCartney songs where you get a real emotion from him which for me makes it stand out as most of his songs are just silly nursery rhyme type lyrics wrapped around good melodies and aren't really about anything.

Reaction score
Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Staind- Excess Baggage
And a few from the Deftones are very moody and somber, and seem kinda sad to me, like "Digital Bath", "Minerva", and "Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event"

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Pain of salvation - Vocari Dei is the saddest song I've ever heard by far, when the classical guitar comes in, it gets me every time:

Opeth-face of melinda

Devin townsend-the greys

Reaction score
Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Staind- Excess Baggage
And a few from the Deftones are very moody and somber, and seem kinda sad to me, like "Digital Bath", "Minerva", and "Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event"

Besides these, i also wanna add "Hurt" to my list..
the NIN or the Johnny Cash version, both are depressing

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I actually dig it cause it's one of the few McCartney songs where you get a real emotion from him which for me makes it stand out as most of his songs are just silly nursery rhyme type lyrics wrapped around good melodies and aren't really about anything.

I do agree. I think it´s a beautiful song with a lot of soul. It´s just so powerful that it makes me sad, but it´s truly one of McCartney´s most beautiful pieces, for sure! :yesway:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
4 me "a warm place" by NIN

mmm.. I always found that one soothing. "The Great Beyond" fucks me up, though. (In a good way -- I love it, but still really sad.)

Not so much in a personal sense, but in a broad sense, I think Billie Holliday's "Gloomy Sunday" (her version of the Hungarian Suicide Song) both musically and lyrically is one of the saddest songs ever written/performed.

On a more personal tip, for some stupid reason that I can't really justify, Radiohead's "Fake Plastic Trees" usually chokes me up a little. It's not the lyrics at all, really. I think it's just a nostalgic thing, reminding me of what was happening in my life when I used to listen to that album, but because of the sad tone of the music the memories it conjures tend to be the sad ones.

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
For me,it's The Day You Died by Arch Enemy,cause my dad passed away on 11th March.I've been listening to it whenever I misses him.

')