The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
I know it is largely the context of this song that makes it so upsetting (at the end of the movie)

But it is still bloody brillaint and truly moving...

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
Sounds weird, but a few In Flames tracks hit me pretty hard, mainly System and Come Clarity, because they were the first songs I heard after I went through the most catastrophic breakup of my life. The pre-chorus in System still pretty much ruins me to this day, and I'm talking about a breakup coming up to around 3 years ago.

Due to the same girl, I can't listen to a single track off of The Best of R.E.M. without getting a lump in my throat, 'At My Most Beautiful' being the worst/best of them all.

It sucks just thinking about this shit...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
As much as I love the album, despite it being totally non-metal, I'm in the same boat as Jim with Paramore's "RIOT!" album. Fucking so much shit went down to that album and fucked me up pretty good that it's a pain to listen to at times. Same girl fucked with my head during Coheed & Cambria's "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV" or more like just the "Welcome Home" track that it hurts to listen to that.

:noplease:

Edit : How could I forget, most of the shit off The Decemberist's "Crane Wife 3" is pretty sad, mainly Yankee Bayonet but "Come To The Island/The Landlord's Daughter" is a bit saddening

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Sounds weird, but a few In Flames tracks hit me pretty hard, mainly System and Come Clarity, because they were the first songs I heard after I went through the most catastrophic breakup of my life. The pre-chorus in System still pretty much ruins me to this day, and I'm talking about a breakup coming up to around 3 years ago.

Due to the same girl, I can't listen to a single track off of The Best of R.E.M. without getting a lump in my throat, 'At My Most Beautiful' being the worst/best of them all.

It sucks just thinking about this shit...

How about "Evil In a Closet"? Definitely gets me. Even some of their heavy stuff gets the emotion rolling in me

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
How about "Evil In a Closet"? Definitely gets me. Even some of their heavy stuff gets the emotion rolling in me

It's more like those songs are sad by association, rather than just the power of the lyrical content of the song, eventhough they both definitely portray my thoughts at that time (it was a tough breakup for both of us, she was pretty much confused and I'd told her to do what she thought was best, so that's why 'follow your instinct' in System slaughters me everytime. She went to Uni and just wanted a fresh start). Regardless, Evil In a Closet does nothing for me, but it's still a really good song.

I had another ex once assume that I would have trouble listening to Divine Heresy, as she split up with me outside a DH gig. Shame for that bitch that she was the most ridiculous, needy, prima donna partner I'd ever had, and as a result of her doing that, I could actually enjoy the gig rather than looking after her dumb ass :hbang:

EDIT: Actually, a highly regarded friend of mine on this forum had his first run in with said prima donna a few months back. I saw him afterwards and he couldn't believe she was such an arsehole, which slayed me :lol:

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score

Evil in a Closet is from a time I was in sort of a relationship that wasn´t meant to be. I dumped the girl and felt like the worst human being that ever lived. We were friends and dated like two times but I wasn´t into it, and I said harsh things and acted in an immature way which I regret to this day. And I remember listening to it and being said because the melody is sad and I felt like a real evil person. In Flames is, indeed, very emotional...

ire_works

Djent ,Djent ,Djent
Reaction score
I remember the day i bought this cd and was listening to it for the first time while driving at my delivery driver job. Literally, I had to pull over halfway through the song because my brain counldn't comprehend what the hell i was listening to. It gets me every time:

"I only wish you weren't my friend. Then I could hurt you in the end."

nuff said.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
The Adagio of Anton Bruckner's 7th and 9th symphonies
The final movement of Gustav Mahler's 3rd symphony
"To Every Captive Soul," from the Hannibal Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
"Disappear" by Dream Theater
"Until We Say Goodbye" by Joe Satriani

308sc

Reaction score
Jason Beckers "Higher"