The Saddest Song Ever

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

willyman101

Reaction score
I've said this many times before, They Move on Never Ending Tracks Of Light by This Will Destroy You always gets me. Especially at that point in the album because it's all so emotional and that song is really the peak.
They're an amazing post rock band, I implore everyone to check them out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Can I add a few more?

Porcupine Tree: 'Lazarus'
The Cure: 'There Is No If'
Warrell Dane: 'Your Chosen Misery'
The Cult: 'Black Angel'
Danzig: 'Sistinas'
Joni Mitchell: 'Amelia'
Tori Amos' version of 'I Don't Like Mondays'
Celtic Frost: 'Obscured'

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Anthony Green/Saosin - 'Dear Child (I've Been Dying To Reach You)'

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
One day "Floods" by Pantera honestly made me cry.
I've gotta say the outro to Floods can get me quite upset, especially when I think Dimebag is no longer with us and how we'll never hear any more of his music until our clock has run out.

Edit: willyman101, This Will Destroy You are awesome. My mate introduced me to them, he pointed out one of there songs is in the trailer for the remake of The Taking Of Pelham 123. I posted a song by Logh a few pages back, if you like TWDY, you'll like Logh. Shit, you probably already have their albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVVUIvR8KB0

Edit of the edit: Clip didn't embed. See my avatar for my thoughts on this.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
I might get shot down in flames for this one, but I find Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" to be really sad. I have no idea what it is about it, but there's definitely something there. :(

I can't believe that I'm about to post this... :ugh:

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
It is sad..
It's fucking pathetic..

Seriously mate, sort it out.
That song is fucking awful :lol:

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
Avril Lavigne - sk8tr B0i
Ashley Simpson - Pieces of Me
Lady Gaga - just about anything she does is magic becuase its all the same song
Jazon Mraz - Remedy
Kelly Osbourne - Shut UP!

these singers really touch my soul. They make me wither and cause me to cry in deep heaving sobs. Im glad they are hear to be the sound track to mediocrity and to remind me that the sound of shit plonking in the toilet is more musical than Ashley Simpson and Jazon Mraz combined.

I've said this many times before, They Move on Never Ending Tracks Of Light by This Will Destroy You always gets me. Especially at that point in the album because it's all so emotional and that song is really the peak.
They're an amazing post rock band, I implore everyone to check them out.

definately a good band. Tell me you've listened to Mono. goooood lordy. thats some moving shit.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Jeff Buckley - You and I
Jeff Buckley - Dream Brother

Both of these just make me weep like a baby with their intense emotional power.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Porcupine Tree - Heartattack in a Lay-By is the saddest thing i´ve heard in a looong time. the song itself is very sad-sounding, but then you listen to the lyrics, and suddenly it´s the saddest thing ever.

it´s basically about a guy driving home to his girlfriend/wife/lover at night to make up after some kind of argument. then he pulls off into a lay-by because he´s not feeling too good. just the hopefullness of the guy in the song, and how he doesn´t realize he´s not going to make it. it´s putting a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

okay, so SERIOUSLY. find the In Absentia album, put that song on, and listen to it. you have to.

')