'The Safety Fire' Megathread: 'Grind the Ocean' Now Available

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Preordered the Logo-Shirt Bundle, but it still hasn´t arrived.

yah in a different thread i said "It's not a big deal it's only a day late." but after a couple of days i'm startring to feel the effects of withdraw. and im not liking it. I'm seriously itching at my mailbox to here this awesome CD. its already BLOWING MY FUCKING MIND and i havent even heard more than 2 songs. excluding the redone version of "huge hammers"

bhakan

Reaction score
yah in a different thread i said "It's not a big deal it's only a day late." but after a couple of days i'm startring to feel the effects of withdraw. and im not liking it. I'm seriously itching at my mailbox to here this awesome CD. its already BLOWING MY FUCKING MIND and i havent even heard more than 2 songs. excluding the redone version of "huge hammers"
+1, I need this album!

Where can I find this redone huge hammers you speak of?

Dan Halen

Reaction score
its on the cd. thats where you get it. lol

what i meant was, ive heard "circassian beauties" and "DMB (FDP)" but havent heard the new "huge hammers" so therefore ive never heard huge hammers yet.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I wish there was a stream so I could try before I buy... (I know there are other ways but I'd rather show my support by providing views on an official stream)

Sikthness

Reaction score
More people need to be talking about this. A masterpiece, for sure. Its great from start to finish, but if I had to choose, I'd say the two 'old' songs are the weaker of the bunch, with DMP being better than Sections. I like both songs alot, but Huge Hammers, Floods of Colour:bowdown:, Circassian Beauties, Animal King, and the Title track are crazy good, and it feels like those two songs (more Sections than DMP) are less developed. There is so much going on in every song, so many great parts. I mean, Floods of Colour is so good that I had goose bumps for like 20 min after hearing it, then felt ashamed as I looked at my guitar and thought to myself "why wont you make these sounds!!"

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Well damn I would have preordered a physical copy if I kmew that.

Mwoit

Reaction score
About halfway through the album.

IMG_3808.jpg

It sounds great. Now to juggle this and TRAM for the next week...

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
More people need to be talking about this. A masterpiece, for sure. Its great from start to finish, but if I had to choose, I'd say the two 'old' songs are the weaker of the bunch, with DMP being better than Sections. I like both songs alot, but Huge Hammers, Floods of Colour:bowdown:, Circassian Beauties, Animal King, and the Title track are crazy good, and it feels like those two songs (more Sections than DMP) are less developed. There is so much going on in every song, so many great parts. I mean, Floods of Colour is so good that I had goose bumps for like 20 min after hearing it, then felt ashamed as I looked at my guitar and thought to myself "why wont you make these sounds!!"

I fully agree with you, though I think DMB and Sections seem less because the rest of the tracks are just so friggin' stellar. It really shows a HUGE leap in musicianship. Imagine how their sophomore release would be:eek:

Sikthness

Reaction score
I fully agree with you, though I think DMB and Sections seem less because the rest of the tracks are just so friggin' stellar. It really shows a HUGE leap in musicianship. Imagine how their sophomore release would be:eek:

Exactly what I was thinkin. I like them too, but the other songs are flawless. Every riff, every verse, every chorus, every vocal line, the lyrics, the drumming and basswork, are just spectactular. And as far as a sophomore cd, I already can't wait. I had read somewhere they were already a good ways done with writing a follow up.

Axel32

Reaction score
Anyone know if "preorders" are still being shipped from Allinmerch even if they were ordered after the 27th? I ordered mine on the 29th along with a few other things, and haven't heard anything from 'em since they emailed me my invoice at the time of the order.

Edit: Nevermind, I realised that it isn't out in the U.S till the beginning of April, looks like i'll have to wait by my front door for a month, or just buy it on itunes...

bhakan

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten my preorder :(. Anyone else who ordered from allinmerch get their preorders yet?

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinkin. I like them too, but the other songs are flawless. Every riff, every verse, every chorus, every vocal line, the lyrics, the drumming and basswork, are just spectactular. And as far as a sophomore cd, I already can't wait. I had read somewhere they were already a good ways done with writing a follow up.

you just made me cry a little. i cant wait for them to release a new album. this ones already Phenomenal.

Also no i havent gotten mine either from ALLINMERCH. but i did DL it since i already spent the money on it with the shirt too.so no harm no fowl.
Cant wait to get the CD though. itll sound much better than my Ipod.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
checked this about because of all the hype here, and this album put me to sleep.

sounds like a diet coke version of sikth to me.

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
I'd be all over this I hate firebrand due to previous bad experience with them. The bigcartel page seems to have been taken town. Will probably just hold out until the official release date to get the CD, as hard as it is :(

')