'The Safety Fire' Megathread: 'Grind the Ocean' Now Available

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Parka Dez

Reaction score
To explain a little further, I don't usually soak my hands in water, but due to an injury to one of my fingers, was the only way I could play without pain, for periods at a time anyway.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
To explain a little further, I don't usually soak my hands in water, but due to an injury to one of my fingers, was the only way I could play without pain, for periods at a time anyway.
sounds like magic to me Dez:shred:

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool! Hadn't checked out your band before but clean vocals + tele shredding = :metal: in my book! :)

Charles

Happy Metal
Reaction score
Do you find that soaking your hands in water beats up the calluses at all? I'm tempted to do a similar thing but always feel slightly off if I play guitar after taking a shower or something.

Also, as a fellow tele user, how do you combat the bad upper fret access as well as you do? I'm trying to learn Paul Gilbert's rendition of Bach's Partita in Dm and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have bruises on the side of my hand from the heel of the neck before long.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you find that soaking your hands in water beats up the calluses at all? I'm tempted to do a similar thing but always feel slightly off if I play guitar after taking a shower or something.

Also, as a fellow tele user, how do you combat the bad upper fret access as well as you do? I'm trying to learn Paul Gilbert's rendition of Bach's Partita in Dm and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have bruises on the side of my hand from the heel of the neck before long.

You could tape your fingertips with gaffa-tape or something, should keep them dry.

Parka Dez

Reaction score

I ripped off the callus from my middle finger which basically meant I couldn't play guitar without serious pain for 2 months. I got to the point where I could play, but after extended periods of time (any longer than 20-30 minutes) it would start to hurt. The main culprits being vibrato and bends. The soaking just numbed my fingers to some extent.

Before the final takes of the solo my brother sugggest I started using surgical spirit on my fingers. That really helps to numb the pain and also the build up the calluses quickly. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't been playing for a while.

In regards to the tele, it isn't actually mine, I just borrowed from a friend of mine for some of the tracking. I can't say I thought about it too much, it's just the angle of your hand approaching that area of the neck. Im definitely going to get a tele-custom in the near future.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
awesome. love the awkward guy in the park that didn't know when he was supposed to say his lines. :p

so is the EP out? there are reviews up and you guys are recording the new ALBUM, but the myspace still says EP out soon?

EDIT: damn, itunes only. :(

Parka Dez

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out, for whatever reason that pic is linked to the wrong picture.

The EP has been out for a while, and we are just wrapping up the album.

Parka Dez

Reaction score

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I loved the version of this song I heard from the EP, but this definitely sounds like a step up. This album will be epic. :yesway:

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Oh goody, I liked the EP version but superior production is superior. Look forward to getting this when it comes out!

')