'The Safety Fire' Megathread: 'Grind the Ocean' Now Available

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
This is what I call quality music :yesway:
I think the singer is my new favorite vocalist, he has such an amazing singing voice and his screaming is very unique :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Guess what just arrived with the mail?

Gonna listen to the whole album right away!

Goatchrist

Reaction score
It arrived I have listened it...

FUCKING LOVE IT!

I think Huge Hammers was a good "Teaser", you guys definitely have your own style! I love the vocals, your singer is such a unique screamer, and the cleans are great!

I like that the album isn't too short like many albums nowadays!

Parka Dez

Reaction score
0 Xero 0 - I have a b6, no other b2 at the moment.

Goatchrist - Awesome! Can't tell you how happy we are that people will be getting their albums today. Glad you enjoy it! Woo!

Blondino

Reaction score
Haven't dropped by here for a while. Man, you guys have really come far Dez! Really impressive stuff!

Reaction score
Sounds pretty damn good, man. I will definitely support you when I get a job to support myself :) I'd say this is bookmark worthy.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
I'm so jealous. Amazon still says I'll get it tomorrow, though I'm wary because of the delayed release and it hasn't shipped out yet.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
dont worry. itll probably be here tomorrow. i dont think they were worried about tracking and things like that because they had a release date set. and if they were going to be late i think theyd have made an announcement.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
See, that's what I thought, but in my three years of using Amazon I've never had anything ship this late. I'm just worried because I'm really excited to hear this album.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
is it really that late though. its only a day. and also i bought off of all in merch.com so ive really no idea what to expect in terms of prompt delivery. so im not trying to worry too much over it. though im extremely excited to receive it.

Sikthness

Reaction score
is it really that late though. its only a day. and also i bought off of all in merch.com so ive really no idea what to expect in terms of prompt delivery. so im not trying to worry too much over it. though im extremely excited to receive it.

Trustme. A day is far too long to wait to hear it. Its practically an eternity. Thats like telling a junkie they will get their shit in a couple hours n relax. This is easily album of the year so far for me. I know there are a ton of huge releases coming in the next few months, but you people need to realize, this cd is very very fucking good.

Also I was quite shocked to hear changes made to Huge Hammers. Its just as good this way. The problem is, I just about nailed the version from the Lyric video, now I have more work to do!. Also a question I had: In Sections, the solo at the end which was originally a collaboration with Pin had been shortened, I'm assuming you just cut out Pin's stuff? Also, any chance of hearing rerecorded/reworked versions of Aphasic or Spoilage?

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Trustme. A day is far too long to wait to hear it. Its practically an eternity. Thats like telling a junkie they will get their shit in a couple hours n relax. This is easily album of the year so far for me. I know there are a ton of huge releases coming in the next few months, but you people need to realize, this cd is very very fucking good.

Also I was quite shocked to hear changes made to Huge Hammers. Its just as good this way. The problem is, I just about nailed the version from the Lyric video, now I have more work to do!. Also a question I had: In Sections, the solo at the end which was originally a collaboration with Pin had been shortened, I'm assuming you just cut out Pin's stuff? Also, any chance of hearing rerecorded/reworked versions of Aphasic or Spoilage?

Agreed, and i apologize. I forget how crazy i get sometimes about CD's. though i didnt seem like it before i have been shooting to my mailbox everytime i hear the mail truck in the morning. WAITING AND WAITING. i just wish theyd release another song.

but are the changes bad or good? does it change the entire song or just add a bit too it?

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
This is fantastic. I'm preordering this tomorrow. The two songs we've hard so far have gone far beyond convincing me. I can't wait to get this album! :D

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
So the album has been out for 2 days :hbang: I bought mine via iTunes and I REALLY love it. To me it's progressive metal at it's finest. There's an incredible amount of variation to it and the melodies, riffs and sheer feel of every song is amazing. The one song I'm not that fond of (yet) is DMB (FDP). I'm hoping that will eventually grow on me though.

What do you guys think?

sk3ks1s

Djeff
Reaction score
Love it!
It had quite the teaser (Huge Hammers) to live up to.
It did not disappoint.
Love the vocals.
This will get a few plays in the foreseeable
future.
:metal:

Latest posts

')