The second Mis Sigs cover - The Failsafe (Video too)

• Thread starter Radius_Vector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T5vHu4p3-pM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Track here - SoundClick artist: Melakartha - Melakartha is the sideproject of Multi-Instrumentalist Sridharan Ravichandran

Metal Foundry, Schecter C7 Blackjack, Blackstar HT-5 - Not the best, considering I just spent 4 hours on it before I got lazy haha :)

This will be the last cover. I promise! :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alecisonfire

Reaction score
:yesway:good work man!

i really like the textures on that song, and in all misery signals in general now that i think about it.

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Cheers! I love the band too, and they completely blew me away live.

How do you like the mix? I went for a less hi-fi sounding mix since the original has a pretty 'live' feel to it too.

alecisonfire

Reaction score
How do you like the mix? I went for a less hi-fi sounding mix since the original has a pretty 'live' feel to it too.

its really good, man. going into my first listen i was expecting the cleans to be the hardest part to replicate but you hit it right. i dont have my monitors hooked up as im at school but through my headphones the mix sits very well. obviously, it sounds different than the original but its real solid

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
^^ You're right, thanks dude. Cleans were indeed the hardest part, but after a dozen tries I managed to get the right feel haha.

Bump for more feedback :)

Fred

Reaction score
Nice cover man, I fucking love this tune! Just judging on the YouTube video, mix sounds pretty sweet to my ears, too. Nice work.

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Thanks Fred, Metal foundry went a long way in making this mix sound more 'alive' - superior has this super precise feel to it and didnt' suit the song.

ryzorzen

shake and bake!
Reaction score
dude sounds great! im a huge missery signals fan, i didnt like that album so much, with the exception of the failsafe :D

')