The Smoking and Smokers Thread

• Thread starter c7spheres
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I smoked 2 and a half packs a day, started when I was 13. I quit twice about 5 years ago, the second time was 6 months after the first. I've had a few smokes here and there when drinking since my relationship ended, and I've had a few since the Apocalypse started.

But I quit using Champix in Canada and Chantix(usa)

The second time I used Champix I didn't actually even finish the first card because it made me so suicidal that I just quit smoking and the drug. Was fucked up.

I don't condemn smokers though, I miss the pleasure and I miss smoking a half pack on my commute home haahahahhaha

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I smoked 2 and a half packs a day, started when I was 13. I quit twice about 5 years ago, the second time was 6 months after the first. I've had a few smokes here and there when drinking since my relationship ended, and I've had a few since the Apocalypse started.

But I quit using Champix in Canada and Chantix(usa)

The second time I used Champix I didn't actually even finish the first card because it made me so suicidal that I just quit smoking and the drug. Was fucked up.

I don't condemn smokers though, I miss the pleasure and I miss smoking a half pack on my commute home haahahahhaha

I've heard this at least half a dozen times from people that tried Chantix; Messed up dreams, daymare's, suicidal thoughts, anxiety and other stuff. Sounds messed up.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I've heard this at least half a dozen times from people that tried Chantix; Messed up dreams, daymare's, suicidal thoughts, anxiety and other stuff. Sounds messed up.

Yeah it was VERY messed up, I've never been suicidal in my life, sure I've had had depression but this was another level, like id be driving and find myself all of a sudden moving my car into oncoming traffic and I'd snap out of it.

"FDA officials said they had received nearly 500 reports of suicidal thoughts, behaviors, and completed suicides, 420 of which were in U.S. patients. Thirty-four cases of completed suicide were recorded in the U.S., along with five cases overseas. The reports don't prove that Chantix was the cause of the suicide.Feb 1, 2008"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chopeth

Reaction score
been smoking for 20 years (I'm 40 now) and planning to quit later this year, a couple of months more and bye bye... I hope... it's gonna be tough.... freaking tobacco :(

I quote myself to say I made it. It's two and a half months since I quit. It's been rough as hell, I didn't get any help, any champix or shit, straight stopped first days of last May. I don't feel the benefits yet, since I was a very light smoker, 25 years but reduced it to 5-6 cigarretes a day. A lot of tongue ulcers and mouth blisters, I think because of tension and the change of the environment in my mouth, I dunno.

I don't know if a genious or an ass move to quit in the isolation period, but I'm doing it, it seems I'm done forever.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
Completely sick of cigs at this point(been smoking a pack a day for 3 years), but I’ve failed every time quiting cold turkey. Kind of fucked up and bought a new vape rig and juice.. unknowingly the day before the FDA PMTA ban. I’ll enjoy it for a while, but I feel like the industry is about to get really strict and unfun by next year. The only other alternative that kinda works for me is snus pouches(using one right now, haven’t craved a cig since I woke up). I’m pretty new to snus so I’m just using Camel atm cus it’s cheap and you can buy it anywhere, but if there are any snus snobs I’d like to know some good brands. I mainly use camel’s mellow and robust tobacco flavors.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
Well I'm done with Camel snus. For whatever reason the spit I swallow when using gives me bad indigestion and painful hiccups. The only other Snus brand that is sold near me is General swedish snus, but I'm wondering if I should even bother trying it at this point if it's going to give me the same issues. I'm back on cigs atm, but I was wondering if A. has anyone here tried Zyn nictotine pouches? and B. does anyone know if they would cause the same stomach issues as using snus?

broj15

Reaction score
Started smoking socially at 16. Been smoking a pack a day probably since I was 20 and I'm 28 now. Longest I've gone without smoking in that time period was a period of about 6 months and then another period of 3 months a few years later. Probably could've stuck with it, but then life gets stressful & it takes enough energy to deal with that that it makes dealing with a craving not really high on the list of priorities. Plus, the way I see it, I've kicked enough bad habits that I feel like allowing myself to still have one isn't a bad idea. Ideally I'd like to completely quit by the time I'm 35 but who knows.

As far as health problems go it's probably just the usual stuff: some shortness of breath, though probably not as bad as others since I live pretty healthy otherwise & try to get a good amount of exercise, winter time occasionally gives me a bit of rattle/worse smokers cough, and (honestly the part I hate the most) noticeable stains on my teeth from the tar/nicotine. I brush and floss twice a day with the expensive toothpaste which I think helps mitigate it, but it's still something I get self conscious about. Plus I feel bad for all my ex's knowing that at one point they probably woke up next to my breath smelling like an ashtray.

But all the not fun stuff aside, smoking is honestly pretty enjoyable to me still. I like the flavor, I like having a smoke on the porch on warm nights, going for a drive and putting on music and lighting one up. Idk why but I do enjoy it.
Also I only smoke Camel Turkish Royals (probably the most detailed and artistic looking mass produced cigarette, especially the old blue pack), but I'd really like to try something expensive like Nat Sherman's. Not the Nats they just came out with that are trying to compete with American Spirit, but the real ones that come in the cool fold out pack. I'm also open to trying out some of the wierd flavored cigarettes that are available in Japan & other Asian countries.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
I
Well I'm done with Camel snus. For whatever reason the spit I swallow when using gives me bad indigestion and painful hiccups. The only other Snus brand that is sold near me is General swedish snus, but I'm wondering if I should even bother trying it at this point if it's going to give me the same issues. I'm back on cigs atm, but I was wondering if A. has anyone here tried Zyn nictotine pouches? and B. does anyone know if they would cause the same stomach issues as using snus?

I use Zyn pouches. I never was addicted to smoking but chew? Yes. I’ve been using Zyn for.. 2 years now? It wasn’t “quite” the same as having the real deal, but it was enough to curve your cravings.

Dan_Vacant

Hi I'm Dan.
Reaction score
I'm trying to quit for the millionth time. I want to get back to running and lifting, that stuff seems easier when I'm not congested from smoking.