The Social Networking Thread (Google+ Now Public)

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be deleting my facebook in a few days too. If most of my contacts are on facebook, so what? I don't care about most of them anyways. I also just changed my phone number. My phone contacts went from about 70 to 28. My life will be less stressful because of that, and it will be less stressful without facebook and without dealing with the many shallow dipshits on there.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
I have this nagging feeling that it won't catch on and do to Facebook what Facebook did to myspace. I think the myspace to facebook phenomenon only happened because it was the rise of social networking. Facebook simplified things and was just easier to use than myspace. And G+ looks like facebook with a different name in my opinion.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
I think part of why myspace became uncool is because of the obnoxious ads for shallow teenage pop stars, along with the many, many webcam ads for sites like match.com
Even Psychostick made fun of match.com's ads.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I was logged into my Gmail account when I clicked on the + thing and it said I was underage.

Fucking bastard cunts.

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
Iwas thinking about opening a Google + accnt, since I've had my FB accnt deactivated for nearly 2 years. But I find social media so unamusing... :rolleyes:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Seriously, what's with this age restriction? I can make a Google Checkout but not + account, that seems kind of weird!

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I'm on G+, but I never use it or look at it. I just accept requests as I get them (which I only see because it's linked to my Gmail account whether I want it to be or not). Most of them so far have come from co-workers, which only further goes to solidify that I probably won't get much use out of it since I can't be bothered to censor myself. ;)

The thing is, I have 291 real-life contacts on FB (the pitfalls of spending my whole life moving to a different city/state every few years :lol:) so until or unless a mass migration takes place I don't see myself making the official switch. I go where my people are. :yesway:

')