The Squier '51 Strat is back, and other new models

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
So has the '51 also been removed from the fucking awful exploitative real-Fender "Pawn Shop" series? I can't find it on the Fender site anymore. That was such an asshole move of them to discontinue the Squier and relaunch it with actual Fender pricing, so I'm hoping yes. The brilliance of the '51 was its quality to affordability ratio which made it an excellent base guitar and a stable modding platform.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
So has the '51 also been removed from the fucking awful exploitative real-Fender "Pawn Shop" series? I can't find it on the Fender site anymore. That was such an asshole move of them to discontinue the Squier and relaunch it with actual Fender pricing, so I'm hoping yes. The brilliance of the '51 was its quality to affordability ratio which made it an excellent base guitar and a stable modding platform.

Those "awful exploitative" Pawn Shop models were made in Japan. Even at higher-than-Squier prices, they were great deals for the money.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Those "awful exploitative" Pawn Shop models were made in Japan. Even at higher-than-Squier prices, they were great deals for the money.

Yeah, I know, but removing it from the Squier line was what made it seem very greedy. Especially since it was one of the only original Squier models, so giving it some kind of vibe as a proper vintage pawn shop treasure was just some kind of wrong to me. At least they should just have both, and be sure to mention on the actual Fender's fact sheet that this is an even better and more thorough-bred version of the Squier.

I haven't heard much about the sales of the Fender '51, but I know a lot of people IRL and on various forums who were a bit irked over this, and I wouldn't be surprised if this caused some sort of backlash against the model and basically forced Fender to reintroduce the Squier (all conjecture, BTW). Ideally I'd want both to be available.

(I love MIJ Fenders a lot, just so that's clear. Too bad all the debates center around MIA vs. MIM, which I'm entirely uninterested in)

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Allright Roy, repeat after me:

You don't need another guitar.... you don't need another guitar.... you don't need another guitar....

Latest posts

')