This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhew

Reaction score
Stef Carpenter used drop F# on Saturday Night Wrist before he got his 8 string. He said it sounded good but not like an 8.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Okay, I've been confused on this for a while (might have it right, not sure though) but Born Of Osiris' tuning is Drop C on sixes (this I know) but on their 7s is it GDGCFAD? I know they drop the low D to a C for playing their old stuff so they don't have to switch guitars but do they leave that for stuff on 'The Discovery'? There no tab book (YET *Crosses fingers*) or anything to confirm this.

On another note, if Lee or anyone else in BOO reads this, make a tab book please!!!!!!

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
DADFCE is by favourite 6 string tuning and I extend that to FCDADFCE for 8 string. The CD works well for supporting basslines while playing higher up the neck.

On 6 I'm also really keen on DGEAC#D. The C#D helps for working melodies and harmony together in solo stuff.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
For those wondering about Five Finger Death Punch's tuning a few pages back, It's BEADF#B on Zoltan's 6 and Jason uses 6's in the same tuning and a 7 in standard.

Has anyone tried GDGCFADG? I really want to experiment with added range on both ends but I don't have an 8. Nobody mentioned anything more than they use a tuning like this earlier though.

space frog

Reaction score
^Well I use that exact tuning on my 8 string, except it is half a step lower than you. And it's a nice tuning to use, the best I've figured out for my 8 string yet.

mithologian

Reaction score
Well, I have a feeling theres a thread about this already floating around, however, I was not able to find anything of what im looking for.

Just wanna hear bands that rip it in e standard and sound just as heavier, if not more, than bands that drop their seven string guitars.

Generes or sub generes dont matter. And I dont wanna hear about Winds of plague, I already know.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
It's never a bad time for some VEKTOR

Seriously though, these guys fucking rip.

mithologian

Reaction score
Sylosis, Dimmu Borgir, Mors Principium Est.

Never took the appropiate time to listen to sylosis, but I liked the few things I've heard. Album recomendation on where to start?

Dimmu: Have known them, not really into them.

Mors Principium: Liking them so far :hbang:

Oh, and likes always appreciated :cool:

EDIT: *links

Latest posts

')