This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CurTro-P

Reaction score
+1 on sylosis, its nothing revolutionary but really cool heavy stuff and good for building stamina. only other band that i can think of off the top of my head is Exodus.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
^Welcome.
That whole record is so mindbendingly crushing I had it ordered a week after I heard it. I was thinking of doing a thread about them, they're recording the follow-up as we speak. Or type, rather :scratch:

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
Yeah they're criminally underknown, and if you ask me the best thrash band to come out in recent years.

Also this is just shameful, but I recently wrote the heaviest song my town has ever seen: Death Perception

Not the best production and mixing values, but I did record it for free in the comforts of my owm bedroom.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
how sure are you that its E standard though? Just out of curiosity

I am... the lowest note I heard at any point along the record was an E. (I'm sure that's not reassuring, but I'm supposed to have perfect pitch :cool:)
I think Hunger for Violence in particular is in the key of F, though. Tuning-wise, definetly E.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
Ah, what the hell:

To be fair I'd have to post the entire album, but just listen to Forest of Legend :bowdown:

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, I think I just heard an Eb. I seriously though they played standard. Dammit, my bad. :wallbash:

Quantumface

Reaction score
cant go wrong with most Dimmu Borgir tracks but this has always been one of my favorite album intros. so brutal.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
aye most of the old black metal bands will be in E - clearly that trebly sound they liked lent itself to normal pitch; these days more BM is downtuned such as Aosoth...

')