This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Winds of Plague have always had some fantastic stuff going on, but they could be so much better if they use less breakdowns.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Winds of Plague have always had some fantastic stuff going on, but they could be so much better if they use less breakdowns.

I find that this video shows what they would be like without the horrific and unnecessary breakdowns. Just goes to show that they are just trend hopping.

Also, Grand Moff Tim beat me to metallica. Disposable Heroes anyone?

sell2792

Reaction score
Eighty Thousand Dead, The Yellow Sign, King Conquer, Legion, ... all localish bands that are pretty heavy.
I especially dig the first two

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
cover_244263112009.jpg

Most of the songs on this album are in E, but sound lower thanks to samples and keys

Namely, this one:

And this:

can't believe anyone else has heard of these guys :)

I really didn't like this album, but the first on Introspect is one of my favorites.

I always thought they played sevens though, not sure why.

How about Revocation? Are they E or Eflat?

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
How about Revocation? Are they E or Eflat?

Eb, just double checked.
Also, someone mentioned Pantera. Technically, Cowboys from Hell is in E, but taking into account that Pantera always tuned a quarter step down. That's why you can't play along with the records unless you tune that way or alter the song's pitch.

Anyway:
:hbang:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
To the guy who neg rep'ed me for the WoP comment. No need for that.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Winds of Plague's second album is their best album:

Phlegethon

Reaction score
I'd say that the big four of thrash would cover the "heavy as hell in E standard" rather well, along with a bunch of other great mentions in this thread. granted, some of the works of the big four is in Eb or some other form of altered tuning but I believe that the majority of their respective bodies of work are in E standard and would qualify for this list. I know that metallica has nearly all their work in E standard for sure, just can't vouch 100% for the other members of the big four.

someone already mentioned MoP by metallica though so I think I got beat to the punch though :lol:

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
I saw that Master cover back there. Master Of Puppets is in standard, but there is plenty on that album in Db if I remember from back in the day. Maybe C? I don't remember. It's been a while since I've really listened to them or played them. Master - Perhaps their best album? Justice was great too. Lots of standard there.

Sikthness

Reaction score
I believe this was already addressed. On another note, I don't have any E standard bands to recommend but Gojira tunes to D(whole step down) and is a lot heavier than bands I've heard way lower.

Heavy as all hell man.

This. Deathcore bands need to be directed to Backbone to learn how to really craft a devastating breakdown.

')