Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
i tend to have a heavier picking hand so i think il go with maybe the 72 or 74s. i recently brought my guitar to drop g and it sounded really muddy so idk if it was due to string gauge or just my amp sucking extremely bad and not handling it.

Try adjusting your pick attack, and maybe even the style of pick. You can get away with some fairly light strings for really low tunings with the right playing style.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Semichastny

Reaction score
i use drop-b and drop-a# hardcore tuning for my 6's. for my 7 i use drop-G#. for my 8 i use a variation of drop-b: F#,B,F#,B,E,G#,C#,D

Aerospace274

Scotty G!
Reaction score
Anyone here know of Lupara? They have like one song on youtube but no doubt have the most raw sound I've ever heard! Anyway, I just bought their album on iTunes and I wanna learn some of these songs but I can't figure out the tuning. Anyone happen to know it? :scratch:

Aerospace274

Scotty G!
Reaction score
That's what I thought (C is like my "standard") but I can't seem to get the right sound. Must be intonation or tone or something. Hrmmm :wallbash:

beyondtheepilogue

Booger Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 6 in standard, a 6 in drop Bb, a 6 in open C (CGCGCE), and a standard 7. The goal is to get an 8 and tune it standard and another 7 and tune it open C with a low F.

Reaction score
I made a new tuning last night for 7 string

GCFCFAD

Dont know if I created it but I cant say I can recognize it anywhere, I think it sounds awesome but heavy gauge strings is a good idea

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
Cool 8 string one i was messing with

string 8 to 1
G-A-D-A-D-G-B-D

Last edited:

BugVomit

Detroit Metal Fiend
Reaction score
My band tunes down 1.5 Steps.

Other guitarist uses a 7, so he tunes to
G# C# F# B D G# C#

I play an 8 string, same tuning except my lowest is an Eb. A lot of times I end up the 8 as a "bomb string" similar to Torche, so I get some real meaty chugs.

')