This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skymonster

Reaction score
ya it is i wonder what it would be like if yahoo ruled the internet o_O

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
So we all know Unearth uses 7 strings in standard, but on the latest album I saw that Buz was playing Arise the War Cry in Drop B on his 7. So he tuned all the strings up a whole step and left the low B where it was. Does anyone know if they did this for the whole album or why the change from B standard? Kinda interesting.

Eric

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Here's a tuning I came up with yesterday but only had a chance to try out today: DGDEbGD. Rich, melodic, easy to use confidently. I did initially plan for it to be up a tone but my acoustic needs new strings so I didn't want to snap these ones before I have a chance to buy newuns!

EDIT: Here's a hasty wee soundbite of the tuning in question. http://soundcloud.com/adamsatur/dgdebgd-test

space frog

Reaction score
Here's a tuning I came up with yesterday but only had a chance to try out today: DGDEbGD. Rich, melodic, easy to use confidently. I did initially plan for it to be up a tone but my acoustic needs new strings so I didn't want to snap these ones before I have a chance to buy newuns!

EDIT: Here's a hasty wee soundbite of the tuning in question. DGDEbGD test by Adam Satur on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Sounds great! The Eb is on the same octave as the D right?

Narrillnezzurh

Sir Clipsalot
Reaction score
Ab Eb Bb Eb G C (C standard with the 5th and 6th dropped, and the 6th dropped again) has some great potential for crazy suspended chords.

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
I'm without a 7s right now so I've been writing with CGCFAD and A#CGCFAD

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Yo! I'm currently looking for Bands playing in G, so far I couldn't find any. Do you guys know any bands playing in this particular tuning ? I'd highly appreciate if you could drop a few names.

Cheers!

RickSchneider

Reaction score
I believe Attack Attack's new album is in drop G, if that's up your alley.

I actually didn't mind the new album, especially compared to their old stuff - there's no cheesy synth and less poppy stuff. It's not insane musicianship on their part but it just seems a bit more mature comparatively

')