This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

davidengel

Reaction score
I'm going to beat everyone right now.

I'm friends with these dudes, I couldn't believe it when Shaun told me he plays in E standard, I felt the strings on his guitar and he doesn't lie, definitely E standard slam. :hbang:

Gamma362

Loomis Fanboy
Reaction score
peace_sells_but_whos_buying.jpg

3783.jpg

mithologian

Reaction score
I'm going to beat everyone right now.

I'm friends with these dudes, I couldn't believe it when Shaun told me he plays in E standard, I felt the strings on his guitar and he doesn't lie, definitely E standard slam. :hbang:

If it wasnt for that vocalist :noplease:

Jontain

Reaction score
+1 for Sylosis

Great band that put on a hell of a live show!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I saw that Master cover back there. Master Of Puppets is in standard, but there is plenty on that album in Db if I remember from back in the day. Maybe C? I don't remember. It's been a while since I've really listened to them or played them. Master - Perhaps their best album? Justice was great too. Lots of standard there.

The only song on MoP that isn't in E standard is The Thing That Should Not Be, and it's only in drop D.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
can't believe anyone else has heard of these guys :)

I really didn't like this album, but the first on Introspect is one of my favorites.

I always thought they played sevens though, not sure why.

How about Revocation? Are they E or Eflat?

They play sevens on a lot of the album, but those two particular songs are in standard, nothing lower being used. Love both albums, one of my favorite prog metal bands.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
At the risk of being an idiot, but I can't help it being the Pantera fanboy that I am: Pantera used to always tune a quarter-step down, so technically it isn't quite E standard :squint:

Gamma362

Loomis Fanboy
Reaction score
just listened to the Winds of Plague songs holy fuck:holy: I can't beleive those guys are in standard, that was ridiculously heavy and awesome!!!

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I think drop F# on a seven would be pretty badass, since it contains my favorite tuning, C# standard. If I can get a seven it's staying drop F#

')