The status of your local music scene

• Thread starter ugg im kyle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
I don't know what my music scene is like really; I don't go out much. However, with a town that pumps out bands like the Killers and Panic! At the Disco, i'd have to be wary

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
and also stray from the path, not sure your feeling's on them, but they kill

A bunch of my friends know those dudes, and I don't hate anyone from Long Island that I didn't go to highschool with :lol:

Honestly, Long Island is weird. You hear about all of these bands, and then find out their first demo was done by the guy that did your first demo, or half of them were in your bassist's old band, or something like that. Then again, there are a bunch of areas like that, so we're nothing special....

Except Schuldner, Vai, Satch, and Petrucci. But other than that!....

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
If you're talking about music as a whole, the Melbourne scene is not too bad I guess.
For metal, I mean, is metal popular anywhere? Metal is always a genre that will remain largely unpopular, no matter where you are in the world.

I don't really listen to metal as much as I used to , so I enjoy a lot of the artists from many genres coming out of Melbourne.
A lot of venues have closed down, but Melbourne is still a fairly significant place for art and culture in Australia

Metal in general will remain largely underground, and unfortunately there's not that much support for local metal acts. This pretty much applies everywhere. It's the nature of the beast I guess. They do come out of the woodwork for certain clubs, cover band gigs and whenever a big international act comes down, but that's pretty much it.

It is true however that Melbourne is a very rich place for live music, despite being under threat with the current situation now getting out of hand as well as general lack of support from punters. Be it indie, melodic hard rock, punk, whatever, there's something for everybody.

That and practically every musician here has more than 1 or 2 bands. Everyone knows each other well here so it's a great musical community, and that's transcending genres too.

')