The Steam Intervention Thread

• Thread starter Aevolve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
Alright guys. This is a group thread with the purpose of supporting our brothers and sisters who have been afflicted with Steam.

I myself started in June with around 6 games, and my library now consists of 90.
Whether it be gift cards, credit cards, or paypal- we have all paid the price of this addiction.

It is time that we banded together to help one another from descending into financial ruin.

Post your games, and we'll tell you that you don't need them.
Together we can be stronger than this.

At least until the following Autumn sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I, uh, started my Steam account in March 2008 and have 2 games on it. Half-Life 2: Deathmatch was free from some promotion or other and I never played it. Bought Skyrim this past Black Friday for $30 and have played it for 2 hours so far.

How do you play 90 different games?

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
I got a few giftcards as gifts late this year (Groomsman, Christmas) and that ended up being most of my library.

There are at least 10 I haven't even really played yet, but I'm sure they'll get their time once the semester kicks back in.

On another note- I have some friends at my Uni with nearly 300 game libraries. This gets pretty insane.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I myself started in June with around 6 games, and my library now consists of 90.

Ummm....wow dude. I've had my Steam account since Half-Life 2 and subsequently Steam launched and I've probably only got 20 games or so.

Granted, I've only played maybe half of those and only finished a quarter so I guess it could be a problem. I only buy games during sales though and at 75% off to keep myself grounded and to keep from buying more games than I could ever play.

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
I "had" 1 game... I got dialup, it was a pain in the booty so I got rid of it. :lol:..... of of these days they will nix the 5 gig cap for air card modems...... some day....

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I started with TF2 about a year ago, and now my library consists of:

The Binding of Isaac
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Castle Crashers
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Darksiders
Darksiders II
DC Universe Online Live
Dota 2
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Homefront
Mass Effect
Metro 2033
MX vs ATV Reflex
Nexuiz
Nexuiz STUPID Mode
League of Legends
PlanetSide 2
Red Faction
Red Faction II
Red Faction: Armageddon
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Saints Row 2
Saints Row: The Third
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Team Fortress 2
Terraria
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Tribes Ascend
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Retribution
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I'm just waiting for the next deal.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if it keeps track of the prices you actually paid too so you can compare to current prices.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I've had steam for years now, and my library is at 126 so far. I've played/beaten most of the games that I own, and most were bought on sale. Pretty ballin'! It all started with Counter-strike..

I am a gaming enthusiast but I do try to have some restraint when the sales go up lol. It's a balancing act of how much of a discount it is versus whether it actually looks interesting as a game, and not just because it's on sale. I've made some poor decisions before..learning experience!

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
Yeah I always make it a habit to check reviews and make sure I'm not just going for the sale- pretty easy to do when there are 80% off sales left and right.. :lol:

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
56 games, mostly bought on sale, mostly small indie games and the like. Didn't buy any winter sale but I hit summer sale and black friday pretty hard.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
113 games but likely quite a few are just the free side shit/other add-on stuff that shows up regardless of whether I bought it. I think only roughly 93 are actual games I've purchased. Been gaming since birth so this overall makes sense.

I've played the vaaaast majority. :lol: Only a few are true loves/time-sinks (CS, Dark Souls, STALKERs, Deus Exes, Fallouts, Metro - never mind most are >_>), but I've adored Steam for years, also for the access to games I would've never heard of otherwise. The platform is a godsend for independent developers. Good form. I can stop any time; I just don't want to. :wub:

Vinchester

Reaction score
I started with the Orange Box too, and now have only about 20. The big titles like Skyrim, Fallout NV, Shogun 2 and Borderlands 2 have taken lots of my time though.

I have been pretty addicted to BL2 but now I'm pretty tired of it. You can only go through the (crappy) story line for so many times!

But I'm going to buy GTA V this year :lol:

OhMyGoliath

Reaction score
I'm at 150, I also only but stuff if it's on sale. When I lived with my parents I'd get games that seemed interesting, and if I didn't like them, oh well. Now I only get games I have been looking forward to.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score

I didn't go too apeshit on the xmas sale. Got the Thief collection, Batman Arkham City, Doom BFG, The Witcher 2, Dark Souls and a couple other indie titles that were a couple bucks at the most. Pretty much hit that 'wall' where I have more than enough to last me a few years :yesway:

But knowing Valve, they are probably reading this right now and checking my wishlist for what to put on the Summer Sale...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/_xeno/games?tab=all

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
I started with the Orange Box too, and now have only about 20. The big titles like Skyrim, Fallout NV, Shogun 2 and Borderlands 2 have taken lots of my time though.

I have been pretty addicted to BL2 but now I'm pretty tired of it. You can only go through the (crappy) story line for so many times!

But I'm going to buy GTA V this year :lol:

You know, I thought the story was pretty 'meh' the first time around, but if you go through all the side quests, read dialogue, get the ECHO devices, etc and dig into the story, it's actually pretty damn funny and interesting. Plus the ending was pretty damn intense/awesome. Definitely a 'play-with-friends' game.

BillNephew

Reaction score
I'm not really sure about GTA V, with how badly made GTA IV on the pc was, just a thrown together port from software designed to run on consoles. I'm really hoping Rockstar steps up their game with GTA V.

')