The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
There is something that I don't understand about the WG Strandberg run.

There are all these people joining in the group and acting like they are going to actually hop on the WG Custom Strandberg run. Yet hardly a single one of them can afford to shell out for a $3,500-$4,000 guitar. (You can tell.) So what? Specs are going to be voted on by a bunch of guys who don't even end up buying in on the axes?

I mean, I know that WG or Strandberg can't give a price until specs are set. But it seems like only actual buyers who legitimately want (and can afford) the product should be the ones to decide on the specs. Worst case scenario, the specs might end up deterring someone who really wants in on the run and has the money to fund it. One sale lost.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yet this hasn't stopped or hindered any of their past runs. And I'm not sure how you got your hands on everyone's bank account details...

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I'm sure there are people voting that aren't going to buy. it's just going to make it harder to get a read on what specs people actually want.

EDIT: woot varberg won.

jemfloral

Reaction score
I voted because I want a Varberg 8 and can afford it, but if it's just going to be a 6/7 run then I likely will not participate. They'd have to make it something pretty special specs-wise to draw my interest in another 6/7.

I think Mehtab could've done a better job of clarifying 6/7/8 Boden or 6/7 Varberg when he wrote the description for the poll, since strandberg hasn't done a 8 string Varberg yet (to my knowledge), so it's unlikely they'll write/expand upon the Varberg CNC code to include 8's for the run. That's kind of asking for trouble, right, testing a new CNC code on a large group run?

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I voted because I want a Varberg 8 and can afford it, but if it's just going to be a 6/7 run then I likely will not participate. They'd have to make it something pretty special specs-wise to draw my interest in another 6/7.

I think Mehtab could've done a better job of clarifying 6/7/8 Boden or 6/7 Varberg when he wrote the description for the poll, since strandberg hasn't done a 8 string Varberg yet (to my knowledge), so it's unlikely they'll write/expand upon the Varberg CNC code to include 8's for the run. That's kind of asking for trouble, right, testing a new CNC code on a large group run?

one of the admins is saying it'll likely only be 10-25 spots max. I agree that they really should have clarified whether 8 strings were an option as they haven't really explicitly done so. I'm in the same boat- if it turns out to be a 6/7 string run then I'm out. I want an 8 string option, though I'm also apprehensive about being a guinea pig for strandberg, especially at this price point.

Bearilla

Reaction score
QUESTION!

Where was this voting taking place and where is the info on this run?

Bearilla

Reaction score

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Bummer...... Kinda sucks for people who don't use FB.

I have been seeing quite a bit about people who get in on group buys. You guys find these only advertised on FB?

that's where I've seen most runs advertised. Rusti,alpher instruments, ibanez and ESP runs are the most recent I've seen.

MSUspartans777

Reaction score
I was interested in the run and voted for the boden shape. Varberg won...I'm out.

Ill settle for my PliniBerg coming in June.:hbang:

littleredguitars2

green canaries
Reaction score
i'm keeping some optimism for the build. i do like varbergs. but i dont know if the time is right or not for me to get one. i guess it depends on final pricing and spec. truth is i think i may end up pickin up a suhr modern satin if this doesnt pan out.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I won't be able to do this, as it's a custom run. If I had $3500-4000 to drop on a custom I'd probably get a Daemoness. No shade to Ola, as I really respect the guy, but I just can't rationalize that kind of money for that. I do still want an OS Boden, though.

RPG_Guitars

Reaction score
I saw some comments saying that people may sell a guitar to do the WG run. I'm looking for a Boden 8 non OS. If someone has something to unload, hit me up. S7, Washburn, or Swede shop is cool.

littleredguitars2

green canaries
Reaction score
I saw some comments saying that people may sell a guitar to do the WG run. I'm looking for a Boden 8 non OS. If someone has something to unload, hit me up. S7, Washburn, or Swede shop is cool.

theres someone on the facebook "strandberg guitar owners" group that just posted his 8 washburn for sale. i guess it fell at one point and had a decent crack in it but the price reflects it. only $2500 i think it was.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
theres someone on the facebook "strandberg guitar owners" group that just posted his 8 washburn for sale. i guess it fell at one point and had a decent crack in it but the price reflects it. only $2500 i think it was.

yeah it's a steal. someone buy it before i do :p

')