The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
God, Ola is just trying to be like Jeff Kiesel with this single cut :lol:

Can’t wait to see a good shot of this

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Are you referring to a straight trapezoid neck ala Rick Toone or a straight-scale EndureNeck?
Yes, the Rick Toone trapezoid profile.

6a00e39826b28988330133ed64a896970b-800wi.jpg

Avedas

Reaction score
Someone finally stocked Progs in Japan; one of each model. I picked up the natural Prog 6 I'll do a NGD for eventually. It was barely more expensive than what new or even used OS's still go for (super expensive here for some reason) and after trying a bunch of the 2016 OS's floating around here, with the quality improvements it was a no brainer. Zero QC issues as far as my eyes have been able to tell and it feels amazing.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
That's good news, I had quite a few issues with my 2016 os7 which put me off the brand for a while. But I'm starting to get the itch again, if I get my ducks in a row this year I'm hopefully looking at an original 7 string.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Best comment was "What currency is this in?"

But yea, must be listing it for about twice as much as he paid for it. And at least 3 times more than what I'd pay for it with that dumb finish.

jemfloral

Reaction score
He's listed it for $12K on there, the other two are available at $7K on the japanese auction/shopping sites. So even the $7K is a marked up price on them. I'm guessing they were about $5K when they were originally for sale.

Agreed on the finish, narad, not sure why i'd want half my guitar to be one colour and the other half a different colour.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
He's listed it for $12K on there, the other two are available at $7K on the japanese auction/shopping sites. So even the $7K is a marked up price on them. I'm guessing they were about $5K when they were originally for sale.

Just so we're talking about the same things -- are you saying the other two "private stock" ones with the fade finishes are up on J auction sites? I'd be curious to see links if so (not that I care to buy, just must have missed it). I imagine they were probably $7k-ish new, because if you use the strandberg configurator you see how much they jacked up the prices. It's hard to get a quilt top neck through for < $6k.

')