The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
Concerning the 2020 Singularity model, I re-talked to Ed and he mentioned that "The future version will surely have stainless steel.".

On a personal note, I finally decided to order the current Singularity model. I'll change the pickups and swap the frets for stainless steel ones once they wear down, or I'll do it right away, not sure yet.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
The more I play the singularity the more I really like the feel but I'm glad I preemptively ordered a set of pickups. Legato is really easy on this thing once you set it up.

I agree that I may refret with stainless when my current ones wear down.

I have a calibrated set of BKP Emeralds with a Slow Hand for the middle coming and I'm hoping to wire it up with a VLX91 (?) like my UV70P.

Where'd you get yours?

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Custom Shop? or MM? what are the specs you ordered?
I'm really looking forward tryong the Lundgren One / Modern Vintage combo...

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
The more I play the singularity the more I really like the feel but I'm glad I preemptively ordered a set of pickups. Legato is really easy on this thing once you set it up.

I agree that I may refret with stainless when my current ones wear down.

I have a calibrated set of BKP Emeralds with a Slow Hand for the middle coming and I'm hoping to wire it up with a VLX91 (?) like my UV70P.

Where'd you get yours?

I bought mine online at guitarguitar. I'm waiting for them to receive it from Strandberg and then ship it to me. They'll take care of all the Cites permit stuff (I'm in Canada).

Do you know the Singularity's fret size ? When I refret, I'd like to go with stainless steel jumbo frets, i.e. .055" tall and .110" wide, but I have no clue if that is feasible.

For pickups, I'm contemplating putting in Fishman Fluence humbuckers and using the single coil hole for a universal battery pack.

My luthier would do a custom pick guard so that it wouldn't look weird with the single coil removed.

Here's what another Singularity user did (I like it, but I'd probably hide the charger under the new pickguard, except for the USB port).

MzucNZ9.jpg

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I saw that singularity and always wondered what that was.

Not at all sure on the fret size.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but the 5 way switch in the singularity isn't a proprietary one is it? Bc the wiring on mine didn't look right.

EDIT: I keep effing around while I wait for my new pickups and I'm just installing whatever I have laying around into the bridge cavity...

I just followed how the stock ones were wired. I installed a white blaze I yanked out of a UV71P and played the singularity back to back against my UV70P. Huge difference in fullness of sound...

Looking at it again I'm ab 90% sure this didn't arrive w the bridge pup wired in series. Swapped two terminals and NOW I get a full series sound.

I wanna see what the stock pickups really sound like now but I'm not rewiring again until the new pups and my VLX91 show up :lol:

Last edited:

makecamera

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up an Original 7 w/ trem and was curious about the Standards and how they compare.

Also, since I plan on travelling with this, has anyone had their Strandberg at the beach (for extended periods of time)? Will the neck turn into something that resembles cooked spaghetti? Will the frets fall off if given too much sun exposure?

makecamera

Reaction score
Basically the Original, but no chambering, OEM pickups, and a Maple cap with flamed/quilted veneer. They also all have Basswood bodies like the Metal. Price starts at $600 less than the original.