The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
#43 aka Varberg 7 #1

25"-25.75"
Koa back
Limba middle
Macassar Ebony top
Rosewood/Purpleheart Endurneck
Ebony Fretboard
Angled Aftermath bridge/VHII neck

Finally!

I'm trying to decide between this or a neck-through Boden 7.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
247174_858407494203695_4000027979468738046_n.jpg

#55 for Rook.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of not having all the strings go to the end? If the lowest two are tuned to EA, why not just extend the other 6 and tune them down a half step, and then capo if you want to pay those strings in standard tuning. I mean, you already have the whole HS area. Then you could use a spider capo at the 2nd fret and do some really cool tuning things, no?

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the purpose of not having all the strings go to the end? If the lowest two are tuned to EA, why not just extend the other 6 and tune them down a half step, and then capo if you want to pay those strings in standard tuning. I mean, you already have the whole HS area. Then you could use a spider capo at the 2nd fret and do some really cool tuning things, no?

think of it in terms of a regular 6 for now. if you did that to the lowest string on a 6, and made 2 extra frets you could tune it to D while the rest are stil ADGBE. so open strings you still have that low D power chord, but your A note on the lowest string would still be where the A note was if you were tuned to standard. So other than low open notes, you still have your normal chord shapes and scale patterns. Its like being able to solo in standard tunings while having the extra notes of dropped tunings, if that makes sense

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
think of it in terms of a regular 6 for now. if you did that to the lowest string on a 6, and made 2 extra frets you could tune it to D while the rest are stil ADGBE. so open strings you still have that low D power chord, but your A note on the lowest string would still be where the A note was if you were tuned to standard. So other than low open notes, you still have your normal chord shapes and scale patterns. Its like being able to solo in standard tunings while having the extra notes of dropped tunings, if that makes sense

Yeah, I just meant that you could just as easily extend all the strings and then capo the 6 at the 2nd fret. You'd keep the same gauge, tension, and tuning abilities, but gain the ability to do some cool alternate tunings. The neck already extends that long anyway. You'd have to use a spider capo, which would be the only drawback.

katsusand

Touhou lover
Reaction score
.UPDATED*

.Strandberg*Boden OS
Price:198000JPY(exclude tax)
Specifaction
-7string fanned-fret(25.5"-26.25")
-swamp ash body and flame maple raminated sorry man, flamed maple is 10-15mm
-birds-eye maple fingerboard
-maple-rosewood 5 pieces trapezoid neck shaping
-Lace Aluma Pickups
-3 colors(Natural, Black and Red)
-using the Swedish parts and BUILT IN KOREA(Set up to play at the dealer)

Last edited:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
.Strandberg*Boden OS
Price:198000JPY
Specifaction
-swamp ash body and flame maple raminated
-Lace Aluma Pickups

Ummmmmm... Is this a ".Halorandberg*"?

I read that with an accent and almost choked on my supper.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
.UPDATED*

.Strandberg*Boden OS
Price:198000JPY(exclude tax)
Specifaction
-swamp ash body and flame maple raminated sorry man, flamed maple is 10-15mm
-Lace Aluma Pickups
-using the Swedish parts and BUILT IN KOREA(Set up to play at the dealer)

I demand to know where you're getting this information.

Also, when you say "trapezoid neck shape", is that Rick Toone's TNP, EndurNeck or a lack of information but you know it'll not be round?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
This just in: https://twitter.com/leqtique/status/518764110150766592

More stuff:

Guitar in question:
BzGs62fCMAAKAje.jpg:large

The boxes, apparently:
B2Y3g-lCYAAaRPn.jpg:large

And finally, I think there'll be 8 strings in the lineup, based on the three guitars on stands on the floor:
1981892_865378670173244_4592705562968385221_n.jpg

The guitars in front have dark (rosewood) fingerboards and maple necks, and slanted pickups. So, either there is a fingerboard option, which I doubt, or they're doing 8 strings as well.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Yeah, I just meant that you could just as easily extend all the strings and then capo the 6 at the 2nd fret. You'd keep the same gauge, tension, and tuning abilities, but gain the ability to do some cool alternate tunings. The neck already extends that long anyway. You'd have to use a spider capo, which would be the only drawback.

Finding the 8 string spider capo that would work with a fan and fit on this neck is a pretty significant drawback, it just doesn't exist.

I only need that kind of length on the two lowest strings, and I want a lot of length for those. If I had that all the way across the strings, think of how that would change how the truss rod worked. As it stands the bow of the neck follows the 6 higher strings and the lower two frets sit above the bow, so the setup feels really natural on the 6 strings and capo'd at frets one or even two - the further down the arch you get though the weirder I find the setup feels, and frankly I just don't want to have capos on all the time, I can make sense of where the fret markers are now haha.

katsusand

Touhou lover
Reaction score
I demand to know where you're getting this information.

Also, when you say "trapezoid neck shape", is that Rick Toone's TNP, EndurNeck or a lack of information but you know it'll not be round?

I got this info at my twitter follower attended the Japanese Instrument fair.(Gakki-Fair)
Yes."EndurNeck".and here's a spec sheet.
B28tIYVCAAAcFiv.jpg

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I got this info at my twitter follower attended the Japanese Instrument fair.(Gakki-Fair)
B28tIYVCAAAcFiv.jpg

Thanks!

Ok, I guess there will be fingerboard option. And we'll have to wait to hear about 8s.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Now I'm no marketing expert, but I believe "Made By Sweden" may be a bad choice of slogan for a made in Korea line of guitars, if that earlier info is correct.

katsusand

Touhou lover
Reaction score
Thanks!

Ok, I guess there will be fingerboard option. And we'll have to wait to hear about 8s.

According to my follower, Staff said "First is the 7s, 6s is available in December, and 8s is available in early 2015."

ara_

Reaction score

#43 aka Varberg 7 #1

25"-25.75"
Koa back
Limba middle
Macassar Ebony top
Rosewood/Purpleheart Endurneck
Ebony Fretboard
Angled Aftermath bridge/VHII neck

That looks AWESOME
Please post a review as soon as you get it, I'm curious about the wood choices impacting the sound.
I'm thinking about a 7 String Varberg (maybe #2?) with a longer scale and BKP Juggernauts, not sure about the woods yet.

Zhysick

Reaction score
B28tIYVCAAAcFiv.jpg

198.000 JPY? That is 1350€... it's "cheap". I like that... Maybe if my custom don't work properly a Korean made Strandberg... uhm...

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
198.000 JPY? That is 1350€... it's "cheap". I like that... Maybe if my custom don't work properly a Korean made Strandberg... uhm...

Its not cheap at all. Its made in Korea. I hate to say it but Im not quite sure Ive ever seen a Korean guitar so expensive

katsusand

Touhou lover
Reaction score
I played boden OS...
review
-W14***** serial.(LTD, Schecter and Agile's factory)
-Low power pickup. If you want a more gain, you should replace pickups(ex. EMG or Blackouts)
-Flamed maple is 15mm
In conclusion, It's expensive for Korean guitar, but cheap for .strandberg*.
WYnbmEL.jpg

knet370

Reaction score
it sure looks good from afar but i'd still not buy it if its 198000Y and made in korea. not that it'll play or sound horrible but there's alot of better option pricewise.

')