The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jtm45

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you.....but....

I bought it all.

1530549_549640171818940_1429905807_n.jpg

Very nice dark colour to that Redwood. Where did you get it from (i see the Stewmac box but it didn't think he sold Redwood) ?
I'd love to get hold of some really light coloured Redwood with a deep curl figuring to experiment with staining it. Some of the best curly Redwood tops i've seen have been ones that have been stained a different colour. Nik Huber does some beauties!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
^^ The sinker logs have the darker coloration to them.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Very nice dark colour to that Redwood. Where did you get it from (i see the Stewmac box but it didn't think he sold Redwood) ?
I'd love to get hold of some really light coloured Redwood with a deep curl figuring to experiment with staining it. Some of the best curly Redwood tops i've seen have been ones that have been stained a different colour. Nik Huber does some beauties!!!

I got it from a private eBay seller; and like Narad said...try searching for sinker redwood. This is au natural, btw.

fatalfable

Reaction score
dumb question, but how do i know my spot number on the wait list? its probably somewhere obvious but i dont see it

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
He hasn't re-posted the public wait list since the last round of emails, so you'll have to contact him directly for the moment.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
#44 is on it's way to me! No further pictures at this point. I'll hopefully have it this week, but more likely Tuesday. Everywhere's closed on the 17th.

Scattered Messiah

Kassandrian Dreams
Reaction score
^wishing you a quick delivery without screwup :)

Looking forward to getting mine on Saturday.
I finished the project this week, so the end of this month will be on vacation, doing exactly 3 things:
guitar
sport
girlfriend

in exactly this order of priorities^^
NGD will be coming depending on weather and inspiration for soundclips

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
Ola says #67(mine) will be completed conservatively in 6-9 months. He must really be ramping up production on the made to measure line quite a bit since hes completing about 67-44 = 23 or less guitars within a span of 6 to 9months.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
^wishing you a quick delivery without screwup :)

Looking forward to getting mine on Saturday.
I finished the project this week, so the end of this month will be on vacation, doing exactly 3 things:
guitar
sport
girlfriend

in exactly this order of priorities^^
NGD will be coming depending on weather and inspiration for soundclips

You definitely picked the correct verb :cool:

revivalmode

Reaction score
I've put myself on the waitlist since a few weeks ago but I still can't decide whether I should go for a Boden 7 or CL7 signature...
I'm not that keen on those EMG's, active Duncans or Lace pickups that comes with them. I'm more of a 'BKP whore' so should I go for a CL7 then?
Pickups on that one are not slanted or angled so I can replace those EMGs if I dont like them, I guess?

Any thoughts on this?

bschmidt

chug life
Reaction score
can anyone clarify whether the guitar numbers and waitlist numbers coincide together?

in his last email he mentioned a few guitars numbered around 40 being shipped out right away. if i'm number 70 on the wait list does that mean there are 29 or 69 builds ahead of me?

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
can anyone clarify whether the guitar numbers and waitlist numbers coincide together?

in his last email he mentioned a few guitars numbered around 40 being shipped out right away. if i'm number 70 on the wait list does that mean there are 29 or 69 builds ahead of me?

There are 69 builds ahead of you. In other words, someone out there is currently #1 on the wait list.

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
I've put myself on the waitlist since a few weeks ago but I still can't decide whether I should go for a Boden 7 or CL7 signature...
I'm not that keen on those EMG's, active Duncans or Lace pickups that comes with them. I'm more of a 'BKP whore' so should I go for a CL7 then?
Pickups on that one are not slanted or angled so I can replace those EMGs if I dont like them, I guess?

Any thoughts on this?

I believe you are on the made to measure waitlist(since there isn't one for the production series). So that would mean that you can custom spec a boden to your liking. These are bodens made by Ola himself, not by the washburn custom shop, and they cost quite a bit more than the "washbergs". Think ESP or high end ltds vs custom shop esp. I see you've posted a few weeks back on the wait for a boden7 so im gonna just assume you are definitely on the wrong waitlist.

If you are deciding between the cl7 and boden7 production models however, you have to place your orders with astral systems instead. Also, you can get slanted bkps if you decide on the boden7.

Hope this helps!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
These are bodens made by Ola himself, not by the washburn custom shop, and they cost quite a bit more than the "washbergs". Think ESP or high end ltds vs custom shop esp.

Comparing Washburn-made Bodens to LTD? That's no good.

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
Comparing Washburn-made Bodens to LTD? That's no good.

You are absolutely right, haha sucky analogy used, only used it cus some ltds are around the same price of esps, so just using the price difference and possibly "prestige" between esp custom shops and esp production models/high end ltds. Just ESP production models compared to ESP custom shop then. The washbergs are obviously way above ltds!

Sincere apologies.

revivalmode

Reaction score
I believe you are on the made to measure waitlist(since there isn't one for the production series). So that would mean that you can custom spec a boden to your liking. These are bodens made by Ola himself, not by the washburn custom shop, and they cost quite a bit more than the "washbergs". Think ESP or high end ltds vs custom shop esp. I see you've posted a few weeks back on the wait for a boden7 so im gonna just assume you are definitely on the wrong waitlist.

If you are deciding between the cl7 and boden7 production models however, you have to place your orders with astral systems instead. Also, you can get slanted bkps if you decide on the boden7.

Hope this helps!

Thanks but I've put myself on the waitlist via astralexrsystems.com, so that's the wrong one? I had a mail from them a few days ago saying "Thanks for your patience in waiting for a Strandberg boden 7" which comes from Astral EXR System. If I'm wrong though, I will just order through a local guitar shop here in Belgium since he's an official Strandberg dealer. (As you can see here)

')