The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
Maybe I’m just not educated on guitar manufacturing, but it also seems a steep price for guitars made in Indonesia, one of them having a fret system that might make fret maintenance or replacement a nightmare.

Pushing true temp, which increases the sales price, seems like a risky move. Then again, Strandberg know what they’re doing (and their customer base).

Not hating, just my 1st thoughts. Maybe I’m completely wrong.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Maybe I’m just not educated on guitar manufacturing, but it also seems a steep price for guitars made in Indonesia, one of them having a fret system that might make fret maintenance or replacement a nightmare.

Pushing true temp, which increases the sales price, seems like a risky move. Then again, Strandberg know what they’re doing (and their customer base).

Not hating, just my 1st thoughts. Maybe I’m completely wrong.

they'll sell all 10 they make.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
they'll sell all 10 they make.

Hahah! Ola was talking about having a production line for the new Singularities. If I understood correctly, he said the difficulty in having TT frets made on that line was a source of delay (beside Covid I guess). I think they may have made more than 10 ;)

Anyhow, I’ll go try one at a local store out of curiosity.

pawel

Reaction score
So I have recently picked up a used '18 Indonesian Classic 7 to see if I like the headless/multiscale/endurneck thing (I do). I am not sold on the stock pickups though (need more aggression/cut). Does anyone have a suggestion if I say, like an Evo 7 in an RG 7620? Most discussions online seem to be about chambered bodens - I am not sure how the combination of solid alder, maple and headless affects things.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The DR stands for “Direct Replica.” Ola got sick of Aliexpress copying his guitars, so he made a copy of the Biden himself. It’s exactly the same as the older Biden, except it’s more expensive.

Avedas

Reaction score
the neck through are already 3500
I saw one in a shop a couple weeks ago and it was ~$700 more than the bolt on version of the exact same model sitting right next to it. Who the hell upcharges $700 for neckthrough lmao

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Beautiful guitars that won't be worth buying. Such a shame.

I really dig the look. Would have been cool if they had offered a P90 route model which would have also helped differentiate it from the other models. But yea, it's going to probably be 3/5ths+ of the way to the price of a Collings I-30.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I saw one in a shop a couple weeks ago and it was ~$700 more than the bolt on version of the exact same model sitting right next to it. Who the hell upcharges $700 for neckthrough lmao

well most custom builders charge around that much if they can do the same body in different neck constructions.

but ya I don’t know why Cort needs to charge 700 dollars more.

eclecto-acoustic

"That" guy.
Reaction score
Possible interpretation of the Boden DR name: They have an artist on their roster by the name of Dylan Reavey.

https://strandbergguitars.com/artists/dylan-reavey/

Be a real shame if they are making yet another unjustifiably expensive model. And I'm saying this as a guy who really likes the design and is probably buying a Standard in a few weeks. :oops:

Avedas

Reaction score
The Salen definitely looks better as a Jazz guitar than it does as a tele.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
well most custom builders charge around that much if they can do the same body in different neck constructions.

The neck through up charge on my made to measure Strandberg was significantly less than that.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Possible interpretation of the Boden DR name: They have an artist on their roster by the name of Dylan Reavey.

https://strandbergguitars.com/artists/dylan-reavey/

Be a real shame if they are making yet another unjustifiably expensive model. And I'm saying this as a guy who really likes the design and is probably buying a Standard in a few weeks. :oops:
As much as I wish it was a Dylan/Seda sig because he 100% deserves it, he's so unknown that I just don't see it happening

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

My guess isn't that Cort charges $700 more. I think Ola is probably charging the bulk of that. Much in the same way that the iphone X wasn't $300 more than the iphone 8. I think Ola believes this is a premium upgrade, and is charging more because the thinks the market will bear it.

EDIT: Or maybe that's what you meant in your post, and I just said the implied part out loud, lol.

eclecto-acoustic

"That" guy.
Reaction score
Anybody catch the release video?

Salen Jazz - semi-hollow, mahogany body/cap/neck with a rosewood fretboard and maple veneer, MFD Classic humbuckers, heel carve, removable pickguard.

Boden DR - chambered mahogany body/cap/neck, solid finish top (Titanium, I guess?), new knurled knobs with a flat spot, Richlite fretboard, MFD Standard humbuckers, heel carve, more dramatic forearm carve.

')