The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
298,000 yen seems like a good price to me...

I've no experience buying from overseas though.

It’s on eBay too, I bought an Edwards through eBay before from Japan and it arrived pretty quick through DHL. Don’t know about this specific seller though

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score

It’s on eBay too, I bought an Edwards through eBay before from Japan and it arrived pretty quick through DHL. Don’t know about this specific seller though

Yeah I'd prob still go thru digimart or yahoo auctions based on what the Japanese experts here are trying to teach the gaijin.

Ray-T

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Unsure when Meloria is coming but the Chinese aren't waiting ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-06-22 23-38-21.png
    Screenshot from 2024-06-22 23-38-21.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 59

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a celloblaster type of thing or more like a Max Cavalera "I never use these high strings anyway so I'm taking them off" type of thing

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Moongrum

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a celloblaster type of thing or more like a Max Cavalera "I never use these high strings anyway so I'm taking them off" type of thing
Well, if you watch it, he says 5 strings for 5 fingers, and he likes fifthiness of it, but he tunes the top string to a fourth so that he can do this *strums* but he can also do voicings like *strums* and you can really do *strums* and *strums* things like that.
Guy is the most verbal non-verbal person I've heard speak :lol:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude's one of those musical savants that thinks in music terms way faster than he can translate thoughts into sentences, but also speaks way too fast :lol:

I don't personally see the point of a 5 string guitar. Then again, I often do prefer 6 to 7 strings and 7 to 8 strings, even though the fewer strings are all just subsets of more strings. It also feels like a bit of a purposely contrarian move given the current trends of adding more strings, so it feels a little silly. Feels even more silly because of course it's strandberg doing the weird thing that may or may not be pointless. BUT... it's all fun as long as it lets others make the music they like.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, if you watch it, he says 5 strings for 5 fingers, and he likes fifthiness of it, but he tunes the top string to a fourth so that he can do this *strums* but he can also do voicings like *strums* and you can really do *strums* and *strums* things like that.
Guy is the most verbal non-verbal person I've heard speak :lol:

My phone only loaded half the page so I didn't even see the specs. Doh.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Dude's one of those musical savants that thinks in music terms way faster than he can translate thoughts into sentences, but also speaks way too fast :lol:

I don't personally see the point of a 5 string guitar. Then again, I often do prefer 6 to 7 strings and 7 to 8 strings, even though the fewer strings are all just subsets of more strings. It also feels like a bit of a purposely contrarian move given the current trends of adding more strings, so it feels a little silly. Feels even more silly because of course it's strandberg doing the weird thing that may or may not be pointless. BUT... it's all fun as long as it lets others make the music they like.
I ain’t paying more money for less strings, I’ll tell you hwut.

Ray-T

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did they use a 6 string guitar and just make the string spacing wider to only fit 5?

')