The "Stupid Stuff the Audience Says" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frankb7stringer

Reaction score
Me and my band Rise, My King just played a show called the Schools Out Bash. All high school kids apart from me and the drummer. We were one of two metal bands out of 6 or 7 the rest were pop punk bands. The other metal band was called The Auroras Demise I think.

It seems like their scene douche vocalists favorite line was "suck my asshole." So it was funny when this chick said "no thanks, I'm straight" :hbang:

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
if an audience of 1 counts, i have a story.

a friend and i decided to bring our amps & electric guitar to work and play together during our lunch hour. this backwoods, hillbilly, country bumpkin dude that worked with us came in and watched us play a song.

after we were done he asked, "how come there ain't a big hole in the middle of your guitars?" :spock: :ugh: :nuts: :lol:

im guessing all he had ever seen were "grandspas guitars"

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Saw The Faceless on the Metal Alliance Tour last year in Baltimore, MD and it was several months before Autotheism was released. At one point after they played their first song, I yelled "When is the new record coming out???" Michael just looked directly at me with a dirty grin :ugh: Then, they played Deconsecrate and once Michael started to singe I heard sever people shout "WHAT THE .... IS THIS?"

Also...saw Opeth on the Opeth/Mastodon/Ghost tour and got the usual requests for FREEBIRD from the drunks in the back of The Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD. Fantastic show. The real winner with comments was Mikael. If you have never seen Opeth live...do it. Granted, he might have been a little loopy from splitting his head open two days before be he was hillarious

At the Animals as Leaders show I went to in 2011 I did hear several people asking Tosin to have their children

Experimorph

Reaction score
Sabbath story? Find out now and tell us... :lol:
It refers to Black Sabbath, yeah. Apparently the meme originated in the early 80's as an inside joke within the community of musicians in Tampere, where the phrase was often used in satiric local magazines and radio shows. A writer and reporter for a popular magazine used the phrase in his comics and yelled it out loud at rock shows. People hopped on board the bandwagon.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
I was bringing my own pedalboard to the stage, a huge monstrosity with a Whammy IV and a Morley wah on it to start with. I heard someone say
"Man, that sucks dragging the guitarists' pedalboard around. Why do you want to be his roadie anyway?" I shrugged, mumbled "oh, well..." and moved along.

And then later on the evening, the intro music starts, I go on stage, and spot the guy standing there where the pit is going to be, staring back at me. Golden.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
A few weird things have happened to me at gigs. I'll name a couple.

1) An old hippie dude (probably in his late 50's, early 60's), during our cover of "Sweet Leaf" by Black Sabbath, ran behind the stage and tried to stick a bowl filled with a certain green substance in our drummers face to hit it! Funny thing is, our drummer at the time was one of the few who doesn't smoke :lol:

2) Same gig as above, some guy while I was packing up was talking to me for about 20 minutes about how good I was at guitar (flattering don't get me wrong, but after a certain point it seems absurd, even as the person who apparently possess these godly shred abilities :lol: )

3) "Dude, does your bass player trip mad acid?" This one's funny because the bassist of this band was blind, and he doesn't wear sunglasses so when he was on stage he tended to look high :lol:

And of course I get a few people after every show going "Is that a... SEVEN STRING?" And once I explain people who aren't named Korn do in fact own 7 string guitars, they look at me with either understanding or further confusion.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
A Danish girl told me when I was outside the pub smoking that "it sounded like you were tuning the whole time." I raised an eyebrow at her and she immediately laughed it off and started backpedaling. It's really too late to tell me you like my band...

Dude inside the same pub yells from the back "you suck!," I don't think he's ever gotten that many middle fingers at the same time in his life. It's not a proper bar show without at least one person yelling "you suck!"

"You guys ROCK! You sound like [insert band we sound nothing like]."

"There was a vortex of wind and I just had to get the f*** out of there." -spoken by my friend while enjoying mind-altering substances at a festival, we apparently had a huge gust of wind lift up the plastic stage covering right at the crescendo of an epic ballad, and it was just too much for his brain and he had to go sit. Many people gave raving reviews of the same event, in fact it was all I heard about whenever anyone talked to me that day. Naturally, I started telling people we did it on purpose. Need more speakers...

tyler_faith_08

Strings of Chaos
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of the common things (freebird, you guys know any Zeppelin?, etc.), but one dude started reciting the preamble to the constitution between one of our songs. We were all just like, "yeah dude, go ahead."

Another guy screamed F*** YEAH!!! RON JEREMY!!!

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
My band's old vocalist's girlfriend was at a show and had me lean over the edge of the stage so she could whisper into my ear...

"Hey Greyson, tell Justen that the whole crowd can see his wang through his shorts" :lol:

Mouth Of The Harlot

MortalKombatCore
Reaction score
There is this one guy who comes to all of our shows, and he shouts "PLAY SOME SKA!"
He refuses to talk to any of the band members after the show, whenever we try to approach him he literally runs away like a 5 year old child. Still pretty cool though, he comes to EVERY show, and we still have no idea who he is.

Hemorrhage

Reaction score
It's a custom in Finland that somebody yells out "Play Paranoid!" at every concert. It's got a story behind it but I can't for the life of me recall it.

Man, does this happen often or what... Especially on the smaller gigs, you cant avoid hearing this.

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
Saw a show with a few black metal and blackened death bands. Hate, from Poland, was one of them if you're familiar. Anyways, they somewhatttttt (heavily) resemble Behemoth and are regarded as their brother band. Anyways, I think my friend and I were the only ones to recognize them, and after the show they were looking at us, too, pleased that we knew who they were. So we walked up to them while they're expecting some compliments or whatever probably, and we're just like "NERGAL! What are you doing here!? Did you beat that cancer!"

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Last Friday, a guy comes up as we are setting up onstage "danceability is key, man!" He was well-intentioned to be sure, but it was lucky for him our set happened to be danceable anyway. I wonder what response did he expect if we didn't have "danceable" stuff?

"Good point, dude! Belay the 20 minute black metal tunes, boys, we need some dance punk in here ASAP!"

')