You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Like in Concealing Fate P1: Acceptance, the part in 05:20 could be the best, most aggressive shit, but it's just so, I don't know, not loud, love the riff tho
Agreed! the production on One holds the impact back sometimes, thankfully we have this older version which is absolutely crushing :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anomynous

Reaction score
Saw the setlist from the past few shows. They've been doing Proxy/Retrospect/Resist, Nocturne and Singularity or Exile.

Need videos now.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Wow Dan fits Altered State so well. Incredible. I they got a lot of flack for this in the past, but if they wanted to release an Altered State with Dan on vocals I'd definitely pick it up.

Wildebeest

Reaction score
I took vocal lessons from Dan for 5 weeks back in August/September, and it was an awesome experience. Super professional, and he really knows the technical details behind what's going on in the voice. The practice routine he has given me has completely changed my voice, especially since I had no singing experience prior. I sounded tone deaf and my voice would shake, but every day I gain more control. I really recommend it if any of you have been thinking about taking the plunge and emailing him. I'm really happy he's back in Tesseract.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
I took vocal lessons from Dan for 5 weeks back in August/September, and it was an awesome experience. Super professional, and he really knows the technical details behind what's going on in the voice. The practice routine he has given me has completely changed my voice, especially since I had no singing experience prior. I sounded tone deaf and my voice would shake, but every day I gain more control. I really recommend it if any of you have been thinking about taking the plunge and emailing him. I'm really happy he's back in Tesseract.

Not that I want you giving out his lessons for free or anything, but you would mind sharing at least the practice routine he gave you?

Wildebeest

Reaction score
Not that I want you giving out his lessons for free or anything, but you would mind sharing at least the practice routine he gave you?
I won't give away the routine, but I will say that he works out pretty much every area and register of your voice. Out of respect for him I won't give away details, but it is very comprehensive. Sorry man, I know this answer wasn't what you wanted exactly, but if you have any specific questions I'm sure Dan wont mind an email.

That video of April is killer, I can't wait for the 3rd album. I've been on a huge Fellsilent/Monuments/Tesseract kick lately.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I won't give away the routine, but I will say that he works out pretty much every area and register of your voice. Out of respect for him I won't give away details, but it is very comprehensive. Sorry man, I know this answer wasn't what you wanted exactly, but if you have any specific questions I'm sure Dan wont mind an email.

That video of April is killer, I can't wait for the 3rd album. I've been on a huge Fellsilent/Monuments/Tesseract kick lately.

and remember that Skyharbor releases a new song in just a few hours :coffee:

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Oh wow, he's doing the chorus in falsetto? That sounds so purdy :hbang:

It sounds, to me, like he starts in a relatively light mix, and then goes to a SUPER light head voice. Mabe falsetto but its super hard to control your breaks like that. Wouldn't surprise me if he managed it, though.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Did any of you guys buy the vinyl altered state limited bundle? I was so disappointed with mine. Basically just altered state regular vinyl with a shitty screen printed paper numbered to 100 and they charged 50 bucks. The flag was kind of cool, but just a heads up to anybody who thinks they might want it.

neurosis

Reaction score
So... I've had Altered state for a long time now but for some reason never listened to the instrumental version until today. It might be just me coming at it with a fresh mind but I must have been distracted with the voice before because this is revealing all these parts I never paid attention to. I feel like I am listening to an entirely different record. I have never been a big fan of their vocals but damn... I never had this, where having an instrumental version completely changed my perception of the material's quality. I don't even think i can go back to listening to their songs with vocals over them. I actually think the vocals don't sit well with their music. :(

wankerness

Reaction score
So... I've had Altered state for a long time now but for some reason never listened to the instrumental version until today. It might be just me coming at it with a fresh mind but I must have been distracted with the voice before because this is revealing all these parts I never paid attention to. I feel like I am listening to an entirely different record. I have never been a big fan of their vocals but damn... I never had this, where having an instrumental version completely changed my perception of the material's quality. I don't even think i can go back to listening to their songs with vocals over them. I actually think the vocals don't sit well with their music. :(

Agreed completely, I really just don't like the vocals on altered state, there's something very draining about listening to an entire album of them. They cover up everything else and there are too many layers of them and they use the same harmonies over and over and it sounds like Maynard having an especially dour day. I feel tired out when I listen to this album, the singer sounds like he's in physical pain as opposed to emotional pain or something. I massively prefer "One"'s vocal approach, it feels much less repetitive between tracks and lets the rest of the band breathe.

neurosis

Reaction score
there's something very draining about listening to an entire album of them

I could´t have said it any better. I don´t know why that is either. Maybe the way they compress puts a thumb in your ear after a while.

In any case this record has brilliant moments. Especially those haunted melodies that seem to fade in and out while they are riding on those riffs.

But yeah... the vocals sound tired after a while. And that´s not to say that the singer is bad, it´s just that the record feels saturated.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to stay cautiously optimistic on this one but I'm pretty damn excited for Dan to be back.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Always excited for new Tesseract. Loved them with Dan, loved them with Ashe. I'm sure the new album won't disappoint.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
My god, yes, YES!
To me this already feels like another step up from Altered State :)

I quickly checked iTunes as well and it's up for grab there too, bought it immediatly.

Latest posts

')