You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B36arin

Reaction score
I prefer this mix, the song doesn't "wimp out"(excuse the term) when the layering disappears like it did in the older mix.

If Tesseract don't become then there's no justice whatsoever left in this world. I really can't wait for this album, I haven't anticipated an album like this one for a very long time!

mos

Slappa Da Bass
Reaction score
Ah! You beat me to it, damn youguys have your finger on the pulse, was going to link this to see what you guys thought.

All very valid points.

When we say this video was done on the cheap, we mean most people that worked on it, did it for free. We are so grateful to Khaled Lowe for helping us to produce our first video. We are also very grateful for the support that Scuzz have given us. To put an unsigned band on their channel is always a risk for them, but to promote it as heavily as they have done too is fantastic. The video is now available to request on Kerrang TV too, and will be played a few time next week. Again, for Kerrang TV to help us like this is fantastic.

Thank you for watching guys, and a special thanks to all of you who requested it in Scuzz and kept us in the top 10 for 4 weeks. It was amazing to go up against the majors in the charts lol.

We're off on tour around Europe for a couple of weeks now:
30/04 Leipzig DE
01/05 Wroclaw PL - Asymmetry Festival
03/05 St. Petersburg RU
04/05 Moscow RU
06/05 Nihzny Novgorod RU
08/05 Bern CH Break the Silence Festival
09/05 Koln DE

We will be debuting the WHOLE album at these gigs!

Much Love
Mos & TesseracT

Xarn

Reaction score
I so love this mix better than the demo, and it would seem to me as if there was no way you guys could possibly improve this song, but damn, the mix in general and the vocal harmonies are totally killer. This is my most anticipated album this year for sure.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Not the kind of thing I'd listen to on a regular basis, but not bad. I'd rather hear it without the vocalist though. I haven't heard the old demo that people are talking about, but I thought the mix was alright, as much as I could tell from youtube anyway.

The guitar tone did nothing or me, nor the drums in general, except the 80s hair metal snare sound, that was awesome.

Reaction score
Sweet video, good to see in HD. Can't wait for the album; Tesseract, Periphery and Vildhjarta debuts in the same year = win for music.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
is it only me or do the guitars sound pretty thin and disappear in the mix quite often? i really like that chorus-part at 2:00 or so, other than that it doesn't really kick me.

i will watch these guys play live soon, will give it another chance then.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Look forward to the album, I want to listen to the entire thing in decent quality! :hbang:

Johnology

Reaction score
I quite like the warehouse video, i just think they can be so much more creative with it.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I quite like the warehouse video, i just think they can be so much more creative with it.

I'm sure if they had the money, they'd come up with an epic conceptual video. But they are in the same boat as Periphery.

Personally I think performance videos can be just as epic if done right, and this in my opinion is a simple but really good one.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
i saw the video on scuzz the other day. was loving it. as simple as it is, its still a killer looking vid i think.
tesseract for the win

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
they have put some kind of filter on it so the vid doesn't look as "raw" as some other videos I've seen by bands in the same boat, this to me makes it look like they had a budget 10x what they most likely had... good stuff guys :yesway:

mos

Slappa Da Bass
Reaction score
Yeah, it's all in the grading! Well the source and the grading, and not fucking it up in between. Much like mixing audio!

We stressed from the start that the grading should be as good as we can get. A little bit of post fx for strobing and that was it.

The DoP used a 7D. We have access to a 5D mk2 which is on tour with us always, so we've been filming one song a gig at 30fps 1080p HD!!!

Hopefully, we'll get enough footage to cobble together a tour diary style video, and see if we can get that released. If not on the TV, then at least online. Again though, the grading will be the be all and end all on that.

Looking to get further into film, as I think it could work really well with our music to have a full video show as well as the music. All pie in the sky dreams at the moment however.

Cheers guys,

Mos
TesseracT

Mexi

Reaction score
great video guys! also good to hear that you guys have a deadline for your record deal now. hope it works out:hbang:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Yeah, it's all in the grading! Well the source and the grading, and not fucking it up in between. Much like mixing audio!

We stressed from the start that the grading should be as good as we can get. A little bit of post fx for strobing and that was it.

The DoP used a 7D. We have access to a 5D mk2 which is on tour with us always, so we've been filming one song a gig at 30fps 1080p HD!!!

Hopefully, we'll get enough footage to cobble together a tour diary style video, and see if we can get that released. If not on the TV, then at least online. Again though, the grading will be the be all and end all on that.

Looking to get further into film, as I think it could work really well with our music to have a full video show as well as the music. All pie in the sky dreams at the moment however.

Cheers guys,

Mos
TesseracT

i´ve seen the Grading word tossed around when talking about HD video, and in reviews of the D7, but i still have no clue as to what that is :lol:

help?

also, i want this album so hard my kidneys are swollen.

hmmm_de_hum

Reaction score
Seriously good stuff, do agree with the guitars getting a little lost though, but still sounded great :)

Been looking forward to this release for a while now, please give us the album :yesway:

Latest posts

')