You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
ss.org got thanked :lol: epic winning :metal:

i wont get mine for another week probably :( damn UK and its slowness... despite them being British!

Luuk

Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes TesseracT except for the clean vox? They just ruin it for me.. The instrumental parts rock though!

dymo

Reaction score
in my opinion they could have chosen a better song for a video (which is really cool). dont get me wrong i love them but this song hasnt grabbed my attention!

my pre-order was sent 2 days ago,i hope it wont take too long since i live in germany!

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
After reading so many members saying this band is awesome I decided to watch this clip.
Well...

Progressive?
Where?How?When?
If people google progressive music they'd see a progressive sound is much more than having heavy riffs and sometimes some unusual beats.
Besides that I don't hear any trace of personality/creativity,they sound the same as a lot of bands out there,nothing in that song caught my attention and in the end I thought it was pretty boring cause the song is the same from the beginning till the end.
Seriously I can't see any difference from this band to a lot of other bands,similarities are too strong,I heard a lot of "progressive" bands with the same sound but I don't even know their names cause it was listening and deleting.
When DT released Images and words it was a blast,plenty of personality/creativity,it was a boom at that time but OF COURSE maybe this band doesn't want to be a blast they just want to play their music but watching people saying they're awesome,they're this or that like if no other band had the same sound is kind of weird.
I'm not saying their bad,I'm just saying some people are over reacting,maybe because they're new into prog music or maybe because..........................who knows :lol:
I'm always searching and listening for new bands,I always try to find something different with personality but to my ears this band brings nothing new or at least different.
I like their sound but it's nothing that would make me buy their album or go to their concert.Just another band with the same sound as hundreds out there.
And to me the clip is really better than the song itself :scratch:
And seriously that all the time head banging attitude to me looks really dumb.It has nothing to do with the sound but still play your music and if it's good you'll never need ACTING.
The best musicians(bands,players etc) just go to the stage,play their music and go to their houses,they don't need dumb acting to sell more albums cause the quality of their music speakes for itself.

It's not a rant cause I like this song and seems they're a good band,I'm just writing down what I felt watching it after reading so many good stuff about it.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^

While my opinion isn't nearly as extreme as yours (I actually like this band), I have to somewhat agree. I'm hoping the guitarists get a bit more adventurous on the album, because the EP is basically one big song (and by that I mean the riffs start to become indistinguishable). I was really disappointed to find out this is from the full album, because it sounds so similar it easily could be from the EP. They've got such a talented rhythm section, it's really time for the guitarists to try something outside of "slow clean-delayed chord intro/verses" then "chug on low string", and repeat (I know there are nuances to the riffs, but they do sound very similar to a casual listener).

I'm going to remain optimistic though, because I definitely see the talent in this band. I really hope the songwriting has improved for the full-length.

Wingchunwarrior

OVER THE LINE!
Reaction score
^

While my opinion isn't nearly as extreme as yours (I actually like this band), I have to somewhat agree. I'm hoping the guitarists get a bit more adventurous on the album, because the EP is basically one big song (and by that I mean the riffs start to become indistinguishable). I was really disappointed to find out this is from the full album, because it sounds so similar it easily could be from the EP. They've got such a talented rhythm section, it's really time for the guitarists to try something outside of "slow clean-delayed chord intro/verses" then "chug on low string", and repeat (I know there are nuances to the riffs, but they do sound very similar to a casual listener).

I'm going to remain optimistic though, because I definitely see the talent in this band. I really hope the songwriting has improved for the full-length.

my thoughts exactly

Some of the riffs on the EP are phenomenal and I would like to see that more, sometimes it can just get too bland, without some (I hate this expression) "standout riffs".

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
While Tesseract is really minimalistic band, they do create a unique atmosphere in their songs. It's one of the bands that you have to listen carefully many times before you probably catch the point.

That, and their bassist can slap good!

8Fingers: The acting and headbanging doesn't make their music any less good. You're speaking like the headbanging is a for their music. You can have your opinion and I respect it, but don't go around and claim false statements.

If you don't get their point (alot of people don't get point in minimalistic music, it's all fine) you really can't objectively say that their music isn't as good as I&W or DT. They may have less movement going on, but hey maybe that's the point in that particular band? As you state: DT had personality back in the day they released I&W (I personally BTW agree with that) I can state: Tesseract has alot of personality in music.

And how can you say people are overreacting? People like what they like and that should be all fine.

And what on earth does it matter if the genre stamp on it is correct or not? C'mon...

It's all subjective.

Krullnar

Reaction score
After reading so many members saying this band is awesome I decided to watch this clip.
Well...

Progressive?
Where?How?When?
If people google progressive music they'd see a progressive sound is much more than having heavy riffs and sometimes some unusual beats.
Besides that I don't hear any trace of personality/creativity,they sound the same as a lot of bands out there,nothing in that song caught my attention and in the end I thought it was pretty boring cause the song is the same from the beginning till the end.
Seriously I can't see any difference from this band to a lot of other bands,similarities are too strong,I heard a lot of "progressive" bands with the same sound but I don't even know their names cause it was listening and deleting.
When DT released Images and words it was a blast,plenty of personality/creativity,it was a boom at that time but OF COURSE maybe this band doesn't want to be a blast they just want to play their music but watching people saying they're awesome,they're this or that like if no other band had the same sound is kind of weird.
I'm not saying their bad,I'm just saying some people are over reacting,maybe because they're new into prog music or maybe because..........................who knows :lol:
I'm always searching and listening for new bands,I always try to find something different with personality but to my ears this band brings nothing new or at least different.
I like their sound but it's nothing that would make me buy their album or go to their concert.Just another band with the same sound as hundreds out there.
And seriously that all the time head banging attitude to me looks really dumb.It has nothing to do with the sound but still play your music and if it's good you'll never need ACTING.
The best musicians(bands,players etc) just go to the stage,play their music and go to their houses,they don't need dumb acting to sell more albums cause the quality of their music speakes for itself.

It's not a rant cause I like this song and seems they're a good band,I'm just writing down what I felt watching it after reading so many good stuff about it.

The problem you're having here is with yourself- not Tesseract.

slackerpo

Reaction score
my thoughts exactly

Some of the riffs on the EP are phenomenal and I would like to see that more, sometimes it can just get too bland, without some (I hate this expression) "standout riffs".

yeah i agree. ill choose any version from the 2007 ep over the new ones. i missed old tessearct. i miss the edge they brought.

they album seems to linear to me, hopefully it ill grow on me...

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
^

agree with most of this. that's my biggest problem with most "djent" bands from the perspective of an old fart metalhead.

It's like there's no more focus on creating a RIFF, a fucking awesome guitar part that will be in your head all day. People will first comment on the sweet tone and ask what ax fx preset they are using for their delay instead of caring about what was actually played.

I like all these bands, Tesseract, Periphery, etc in small doses. I think they have great moments, not great songs. Either way, I think the best work of both bands is still ahead of them as they gain some maturity and their musical personalities start to take shape.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Or then you just don't like 'em. Is it really that hard to get?

If the RIFF is not fucking awesome in your opinion, it's not objectively "bad" or made just because they've got a nice tone from axe-fx.

E: Okay that made me sound lit a djent fanboy. I neither like all the riffs from Periphery or all the parts from Tesseract, but goddamn I don't whine about it as I am 100% that every single bit in a song has a function. Even the spots that make you go 'meh'.

ManBeast

Reaction score
Well...

Progressive?
Where?How?When?

Im curious the tons of bands they sound like because I love me some Tesseract and haven't found any music remotely close to what they bring to the table imo. Ive listened to a ton of Meshuggah/Periphery etcetc and still think they're in a league of their own.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Or then you just don't like 'em. Is it really that hard to get?

If the RIFF is not fucking awesome in your opinion, it's not objectively "bad" or made just because they've got a nice tone from axe-fx.

E: Okay that made me sound lit a djent fanboy. I neither like all the riffs from Periphery or all the parts from Tesseract, but goddamn I don't whine about it as I am 100% that every single bit in a song has a function. Even the spots that make you go 'meh'.

not whining, it's an opinion buddy.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
not whining, it's an opinion buddy.

Yep,a forum is for us to share opinions,expecially different ones cause differences rule,if you can't stand other opinions only because they're different from yours,don't go to a forum,keep yourself alone in your bedroom crying about people who don't agree to you :lol:

')