You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday - still no email about Hollow, but never mind...

With regard to the tracklist, I was one of those people who was originally whinging about the fact that the EP release meant I'd already have heard just about all of the songs before the album actually came out. As it is, I had totally forgotten how stunning Lament is (not to mention I'm fairly sure they've changed it slightly since it was first uploaded), Nascent is still more or less brand new to me, and Sunrise, April and Eden are totally new to me (considering how different the former two are from their original versions). Coupled with the live DVD of Concealing Fate, and the brilliant tour footage, I can find absolutely nothing to whinge about now, other than that I seriously, seriously want to invest in some 5.1 speakers to hear that mix!

Oh, one complaint - I absolutely hate it when the pressing company insists on putting stickers on the actual digipack itself... In taking them off, a bit of the cover art came off too. Why the hell don't you just put them on the outer plastic wrapping? Grrr.

ManBeast

Reaction score
Just received One today, and wow am I blown away by this DVD. Im only part the way through the live footage and its amazing. The tone, drums, vox, bass etc down the list is just amazing.

Thanks for the little something extra guys and keep up the good shit

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
got mine today!

liking it so far. but some of the tracks feel like there was some magic touch they forgot to apply to the guitars. almost like placeholder "through a little solid state practice amp" sound. beginning of Sunrise is a good example.

i can't decide if April or Eden are my favorites. Hollow sounds so bad ass but i have a bad feeling that their next album won't be very heavy at all. if it IS though, Hollow is definitely a good proggy thrashy mood that i'd love to hear more of.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
got mine today!

liking it so far. but some of the tracks feel like there was some magic touch they forgot to apply to the guitars. almost like placeholder "through a little solid state practice amp" sound. beginning of Sunrise is a good example.

i can't decide if April or Eden are my favorites. Hollow sounds so bad ass but i have a bad feeling that their next album won't be very heavy at all. if it IS though, Hollow is definitely a good proggy thrashy mood that i'd love to hear more of.

Yeah, I feel exactly the same about the guitars... They need balls desperately...

But seriously... April is so fucking awesome... My favorite song, definitely.

Reaction score
I wonder, is Hollow an old song re-born, or is it the newest song they've recorded?

Either way, rest of album is still drop dead amazing. Intro to Lament is 100x better, I sort of miss Nascent's roughness and "creepiness", but what's been done is still great the way it is. Sunrise also lost it's grit, but the ending is killer and the solo-type thing feels much more natural. April (Song) :bowdown:.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
Soft.
Edit- Lol you obviously got your shirt judging by the above post hahaha

yeah man. it's softer than the EP shirt, but still kinda rough. also hard to see the design. black on black? grey on black woulda worked better. oh well. i look forward to months from now when my friends go "DUDE..... i thought that was a black shirt!! there's a design?!?!"

Yeah, I feel exactly the same about the guitars... They need balls desperately...

But seriously... April is so fucking awesome... My favorite song, definitely.

yeah, i mean i am becoming more and more impressed with the axefx despite me never wanting to own one (seems too complicated for what it's accomplishing for the average joe at least) but this + BoO's new sound. neat stuff.

yeah i can't get april outta my head. then again it was one of my favorite songs from their old days. sunrise was a let down compared to the original too. especially all the trippy stuff at the end.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got mine too, I like how they misspelled "Written" in the back of the booklet
:)

Listening now!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder, is Hollow an old song re-born, or is it the newest song they've recorded?

Hollow I believe was what they used to open their live show, then they decided to make it a bit longer and add vocals. I feel if you put Hollow as the opening track on One, the album is just a bit more epic.

Eden for Metal song of the year.

dymo

Reaction score
my 3 favourite songs so far...

1-eden
2-lament
3-deception

')