You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

Xiphos68

Reaction score
This is a possibility if it were to happen it wouldn't happen now most likely.

But the Grammy HAVE impressed me before with their nominations.

Steve Vai has won two Grammy's as well and Dweezil has won one too.

I just don't understand why Joe Satriani has never won a Grammy after being nominated 17 times?
:nuts:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Pretty great show. Honestly, I'm not super familiar with Tesseract track titles, but I do know they played Concealing Fate part 1,2, and a couple other parts at least (not in order). Maylene was cool but not my thing. Protest was pretty awesome. I was mainly happy that they played Bone Marrow since thy didn't play that last time I saw them. Tesseract was definitely the highlight of the night for me.

Anyone else make it out to this tour yet? If so, snap any pics?

carrottopso

Reaction score
I was there. Kid with red hair wearing a blue periphery shirt and short brunette girlfriend? Maybe you saw me.

I agree with everything you said, Tesseract sounded fucking immense. I'm sad that the mixing for Protest the Hero wasn't as good as Tesseract's.

I talked to one of Tesseract's guitarists and he said they are going to move away from the typical djent sound for the next record, and they already have all the riffs written already, just need to form complete songs. Also, he said they are coming back to the bay area in September/October!!!

Richardscuro

Reaction score
I got to see them in Seattle a few nights ago and TesseracT absolutely tore it up. They were amazing!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Going to the NYC gig. I was hoping they'd put Eden in the selist but I'm doubting it will be yhis tour...

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I talked to one of Tesseract's guitarists and he said they are going to move away from the typical djent sound for the next record,

My honest question is...what does that mean? What part of their sound is he referring to? Dont say the djent part to their sound cause I will just be more confused what that even means :scratch:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
:squint: Skeptical but that would be awesome.

I'm not skeptical. The "djent" sound of the last year or so (which I'm assuming is exemplified by Periphery and Tesseract's albums) is absolutely horrible. Both albums were a huge step back from what they were doing before... every version of Icarus Lives preceding the album sounds better (vocals aside) and the original mix of Concealing Fate I got a few years ago was ten thousand times better than the one on the EP and album.

I saw them in the Calgary show... Tesseract was absolutely incredible. One of the best performances I've ever seen a band put on live. Protest wasn't as great as the other couple times I saw them, though.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
The show in Barrie was really awesome. People COULD NOT stop crowd surfing during Protests set, it was ridiculous. I also got to meet everyone in Tesseract and I met Luke from Protest, all very cordial gentlemen!

carrottopso

Reaction score
So that was pretty much a direct quote from the guitarist, because he was complaining that too many djent bands have popped up recently, and they're over it i guess? It was hard to hear him over the music and his heavy british accent wasnt helping either, but i'm 99% sure that's what he said.

By typical Djent sound, he means the parts that, well, sound like Meshuggah's guitars. I still don't know how to explain Djent to people. Maybe "groove based riffs" as opposed to riffs which focus on the melody? Not too sure...:scratch:

Well, whatever Tesseract decides to do, we know it will be good! :hbang:

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
So glad I got to go tonight.

My buddies, Under The Stone, opened up the show, their set was pretty fucking good, check them out when you get a chance.

Tesseract completely kicked ass, their set was more than what I could of imagined after hearing much about them, each song was fucking spot on and delivered with such passion and aggression that will change how I play forever. Pretty fucking nice guys too, I had a small chat with Travis (Divine Heresy) and James about the whole Divine Heresy staturs, shows and local weather.

I did not watch the other bands, just a few seconds of Protest The Hero as their light show was way better than anything after Tesseract.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
So glad I got to go tonight.

My buddies, Under The Stone, opened up the show, their set was pretty fucking good, check them out when you get a chance.

Tesseract completely kicked ass, their set was more than what I could of imagined after hearing much about them, each song was fucking spot on and delivered with such passion and aggression that will change how I play forever. Pretty fucking nice guys too, I had a small chat with Travis (Divine Heresy) and James about the whole Divine Heresy staturs, shows and local weather.

I did not watch the other bands, just a few seconds of Protest The Hero as their light show was way better than anything after Tesseract.
you DID NOT watch protest? heavens shall smite you!

jk

slackerpo

Reaction score
I loved the Concealing Fate EP, but I was a bit let down by the album. None of the songs re done appeal to me nearly as much as the old versions did. That being said, it's still a great album, and the Concealing Fate part is flawless. I'd just rather old April Song than new :D

i couldnt agree more, i miss old tesseract

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
And we don't have a "Katy Perry - A breast a day" thread why?

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Great idea, but I dont think it'll ever happen. Thats not necessarily a bad thing though, you cant expect the masses/mainstream to 'get' music like this, I dont know a single person who listens to Tesseract/Periphery/Monuments etc who isnt themselves a proficient musician. To clarify, I counted 24 people that I knew who were at the London LXD date, every single one was a musician, most in bands themselves. In terms of accolades, Id say that the general approval of forums/communities like this one is worth far more to real musicians than any degree of mainstream recognition. Thats just my opinion of course, and Im well aware that Im an over-opinionated music snob/elitist so there's no need to point that out ;)

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
I only "liked it" for their recognition. There's no way in hell they are going to get one.. As a matter of fact, I kinda wish they don't.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm giong to go to this - I've seen PTH and tesseract, great bands - I've been wanting to see MATSOD for a year or two!

')